Software Integration Tester Job Jacobs China Lakeby admin on more than 30 days
Jacobs Jobs 2020Description :
Will explore requirements to understand them, then design the most effective way to test functionality of the software individually and as integrated. This position as a software test team member will also include turning mundane, manual and difficult testing tasks into automated software tool scripts that increase the projects productivity, enable automated reporting, and increase the time available to solve other issues.
- ESTIMATE TEST BURDEN: Provide level of effort estimates, test plans, test case scripting, peer reviews, and test summary reports to ensure a successfully tested release.
- UNDERSTAND REQUIREMENTS: Work with test team lead and software developers to review software design and requirements documentation to understand the application functionality.
- TEST SETUP & EXECUTION: Setup and verify data, configure multiple systems for integrated test, test key functionality of advanced software applications including hardware & network integration.
- TEST REPORTING: Provide test documentation & configuration tracking to ensure test repeatability and accurate test reporting.
- INFORM CLIENT: Inform the government client daily during testing phases to ensure that release testing defects are communicated to the client, and to ensure timely execution per the government test schedule.
- IMPROVE AUTOMATION: In addition to manual/ functional testing the candidate will also need to create automated test and performance test scripts using Automated Test and Re-Test (ATRT) tool.
- Analyze performance test requirements to understand & translate into test objective requirements.
- Analyze and verify best test approach, execute acceptance, integration, installation & system testing.
- Answer technical issues to resolve and follow up.
- Attend software test team meetings, ensure accurate defect tracking and reporting.
- Coordinate with product management and software developers to deliver stable software products.
- Coordinate with program and development management teams in product development lifecycle to conform end user product and quality requirements and shipment schedule.
- Document software testing and contribute to post-test reporting.
- Enhance test frameworks and develop test procedures to ensure consistency.
- Estimate test accurately and coordinate with team members for work activities.
- Handle performance testing and present results for validating and analysis to Project Teams.
- Participate in design analysis, technical assessments and analysis tasks to understand how new capabilities or requirements will impact the schedule or success of the software test team.
- Provide ideas, inputs and guidance when brainstorming potential ideas for incorporation into daily processes.
- Record test results and report and verify software bug fixes.
- Review requirements and ensure test coverage for meeting end user requirements.
- Review, contribute to, and follow software development & test procedures.
- Support the creation of tools and templates for increased effectivity in all areas of software development & testing.
- Understand requirements creation, tracking and completion processes, and test to those requirements.
- Establish test strategy and manual and automated test suites.
- Apply, design and develop automated testing strategies and build automated testing frameworks.
Required Education and Experience
- This position requires a BS or BA degree in software development, IT networks, computer science or related discipline (required) along with at least 5 years related experience.
- Must know C++
- Experience programming for Windows OS
- Familiarity with Sockets and multi-thread programming
- Must be self-driven and able to work independently
- Proven knowledge of testing methodologies and the software development life cycle
- Have knowledge of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Continuous Integration (CI), and Automated Test and Analysis concepts
- Knowledge of communications technologies including: TCP/UDP, Radar, GPS, Radio, Link16, etc.
- Strong Communication skills
- Strong Writing Skills
- Experience working with the client during User acceptance test sessions
- Experience developing level of effort estimates, test plans, test case scripting and test summary reports
- Experience using Wireshark or other tools for network testing and packet analysis
- Must be able to obtain & maintain a Secret security clearance
- Experience with LINUX OS
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Range View knowledge and/or experience
- Special interest in candidates who have advanced automation and performance testing experience, with special focus on Automated Test & Re-Test Tool Test Manager & Analysis Manager on DOD projects.
- Experience performing software vulnerability testing
- Experience independently developing and implementing a test strategy
- Experience testing in an Agile development environment
- Experience developing an automated test framework
Office setting that includes sedentary physical effort. However, may include lifting of weight up to thirty (40) pounds as necessary. Individual must be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions. Periodic/occasional travel may be required to include both continental US and/or overseas locations.
Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task. An inside environment may be a cubicle (considerations: close quarters, low to moderate noise, bright or dim lighting). Outside work may include various environmental conditions including warm and cold climates. Needs to be able to work well with co-workers and all levels of management. No hazards on job or unusual environmental conditions.
Will work 9 hours Mon thru Thurs week one and 8 hours on Friday then work 9 hours Mon thru Thur on week 2 with Friday off. Regular attendance of scheduled hours is extremely important, but not critical, except for deadlines and meetings. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines. Must exhibit flexibility of work hours to adjust to surge situations based on critical mission requirements. With the exception of STD/LTD/FMLA & approved time off, attendance is considered essential. Punctuality and regular attendance are necessary to meet deadlines.
Equipment and Machine:
Ability to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, printer, copy machine, telephone, fax machine and other equipment including desk supplies and other work related tools as required.
Other Essential Functions:
Must demonstrate professional behavior at all times when dealing with customers, management, and co-workers. Must have clear, concise and accurate communications skills in English, both verbal and written. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk to employees or others. Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a professional manner. Independent personal transportation to office or work site is required. Travel (up to 10%) to and from customer locations and test locations (government and vendor) may be required to support projects. This may involve airline travel. In some cases, accommodations can possibly be made for POV, if necessary. When operating any vehicle for work purposes, must wear seat belt and in addition, no cellular devices are to be used when vehicle is in motion.
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .
For further information, please refer official source from Jacobs on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.