LPN Job State of Wyoming Guernseyby admin on more than 30 days
State of Wyoming Recruitment 2020Description :
Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for working directly with the Wyoming Cowboy Challenge Academy (WCCA) Medical Officer (Registered Nurse), and is directly responsible for coordinating, scheduling, and documenting medical services provided to WCCA cadets through the WCCA Medical Officer, contracted medical personnel, and/or third-party physicians and therapists. The incumbent coordinates medical calls, prescription disbursement, and assists in providing minor first aid for injuries and illnesses in the Medical Officer's absence.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-8121 [email protected]
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Assists the WCCA Medical Officer, contractor medical personnel, and contractor therapist in evaluating WCCA cadets on an ongoing basis and in the development of therapeutic and medical treatment goals and objectives.
- Provides medical coverage and care to cadets, as appropriate and under the direction of the WCCA Medical Officer, during periods of time that the WCCA Medical Officer is unavailable or away from the WCCA facility.
- Schedules appointments for cadets with local physicians, third-party psychiatric care, and other monitoring needs.
- Coordinates filling and dispersing prescription and over-the-counter medication, as well as payment for prescription medication.
- Coordinates external medical care and coverage in the absence of the WCCA Medical Officer; ensuring medical and psychiatric appointments are made and kept by assisting in transporting cadets to and from local treatment facilities, receiving physician and psychiatric care directions, and ensuring they are communicated to WCCA Medical Officer and other WCCA leaders, support staff and cadre for implementation and follow-up
- Assists the WCCA Medical Officer in logging medical visits in the program's database (CAIRS).
- Maintains and documents the transfer of all medications distributed to operations staff for daily disbursement to cadets as prescribed by physicians and treatment providers.
- With the approval of the WCCA Medical Officer, a third-party physician or therapist ensures delegation of treatment and procedures to cadet shift supervisors or cadet team leaders as appropriate and provides training and monitoring of these interventions to such individuals.
- Assists the WCCA Medical Officer with conducting training for staff and cadets as deemed necessary by the WCCA Medical Officer and/or WCCA senior leadership; such as local program policies and procedures on medical practices and procedures.
- Checks in cadets on registration day; taking vitals, conducting an inventory of medications transferred to WCCA, verifying on-going prescriptions, logging pre-scheduled appointments with a physician, and taking height/weight and body measurements.
- Other Duties as Assigned
Preference may be given to the candidate with LPN experience.
- Knowledge of laws, principles, practices, and techniques of professional nursing.
- Knowledge of medication, administration, and complex mathematical calculations for the correct dosage.
- Knowledge of maintaining medical records, charts, reports, and observations.
- Knowledge of and ability to function and make decisions in high-stress situations.
- Knowledge of and ability to use good oral and written communication skills to articulate thoughts and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Youth Services Programs
- Knowledge of patient needs.
- Knowledge of the techniques of providing medical services.
- Knowledge and/or experience in teaching/training on medical subjects within scope.
Education: Associate's Degree (typically in Nursing) Experience: 0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Nursing)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the OR Education & Experience Substitution: 2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Nursing)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- A background check, including the taking of fingerprints, will be completed through the Wyoming Department of Criminal Investigation, the Department of Family Services, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for every successful applicant.
- Lift/transfer patients to different positions.
- Lift medical/patient equipment of varying sizes and weights up to about 50 lbs.
- Restrain clients for treatments, climb stairs, drive long distances.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
007-Wyoming Military DepartmentWyoming Cowboy Challenge Academy
Click here to view the Classification and Pay Structure.
The is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.