Commercial Underwriter II Job STCU Spokaneby admin on more than 30 days
STCU Jobs 2020Description :
is a growing regional credit union that is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and we have been named as one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our passion for integrity, service, innovation, education, people, and celebration.
offers excellent benefits:
- Paid time off
- Ten paid holidays
- Health plan – medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision
- Short-term disability insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Training and development programs
- Semi-annual success sharing plan
The Commercial Underwriter II conducts in-depth financial analysis in assessing commercial business requests for working capital lines, equipment and commercial real estate along with ACH and Remote Deposit risks. This position independently analyzes financial information regarding the member's income, assets, investments or debts, determines which credit structures best meet the member's needs and financial circumstances while safeguarding the Credit Union from risk of loss. The Commercial Underwriter II makes appropriate recommendations on credit structure and loan covenants in a timely manner with limited direction from the Senior Commercial Underwriter.
Member Business Loans
- Perform thorough and technically accurate credit analysis by spreading financial statements and underwriting all significant facets of credit risk on existing members and prospective members.
- Evaluate and analyze the financial condition of individuals and businesses and their ability to pay, which includes complex and layered financial and organizational structures.
- Preparing thorough and technically accurate loan presentation packages by researching data, underwriting all credit risks, identifying strengths, weaknesses and mitigation of the latter.
- Structure loan terms to compete competitively in the market place while mitigating risk to an acceptable level.
- Prepare thorough and technically accurate credit quality reviews of existing credit relationships.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of MBL’s within established parameters.
- Maintains clear communication channels with lenders and third party professionals.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Commercial Underwriter in assigning loan grades.
- Submit monthly reports to the Senior Commercial Underwriter.
- Work collaboratively with all Commercial and Business Services staff to achieve objectives, goals and provide outstanding member service.
Member Business Loan Approval Authority
- Review and approve member business loan (MBL) requests within delegated lending authority.
- Present credit requests in excess of delegated lending authority to the Senior Commercial Underwriter with approval recommendation.
- Assist in the development of and maintain a thorough knowledge of and adhere to ’s Member Business Loan Policy, Standards and Procedures, Participation Loan Policy and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Work proactively with and mentor other commercial loan underwriters to ensure the quality and consistency of their credit underwriting and financial analysis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business required. MBA, MAcc degree or similar Certificate preferred. Formal credit training is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years credit analysis and commercial credit risk underwriting experience in all areas including commercial real estate and SBA; as well as analyzing financial statements.
- Strong background in financial institution business loan regulations.
- Sound credit judgment and strong underwriting skills.
- Demonstrated above average working knowledge of various analytical approaches to determine cash flow to include UCA, Traditional, and NOI as appropriate to the type of borrower and request being underwritten.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex or layered entity borrowing structures to ensure a sound global financial understanding.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including preparing and delivering presentations.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work group, as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes and prioritize and manage competing demands.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data and understand and communicate complex and diverse information, and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations exercising flexibility and sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make practical and timely decisions and explain reasoning for decisions.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong work ethic required, including the ability to complete duties on time, consistently arrive at work on time as scheduled, and ability to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to regularly talk, hear, see and operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Occasionally lift, pull/push, and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting.
- Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Please review our website for more information at www.stcu.org/careers.
For further information, please refer official source from STCU on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.