Realty Technician Job US General Services Administration Fort Worthby admin on more than 30 days
US General Services Administration Jobs 2020Description :
- Expedite the work of the office by performing various and responsibilities necessary to assist Realty Specialists, Project Managers, Team Leaders, Branch Chiefs, and Directors involved in the utilization and disposal of real property.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence and reports such as inspection reports, disposal conference reports, telephone contacts, and other miscellaneous correspondence. Prepare and respond to requests for routine reports as needed; answers telephones, review and disseminate incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Assist in the distribution of Invitation For Bids (IFB) including bid forms, advertising materials, etc., relative to surplus real properties relying on the familiarity with legal terminology and format to ensure accuracy.
- Make necessary changes in wording to provide clarity of expression and correction of grammatical errors. Provide support to staff by researching information pertaining to disposal cases and the procurement of supplies, materials, and equipment the staff needs to do their jobs.
- Job family (Series)
1101 General Business And Industry
RequirementsRequirements Conditions of Employment
- US Citizenship or National (Residents of American Samoa and Swains Island)
- Meet all eligibility criteria within 30 days of the closing date
- Meet time-in-grade within 30 days of the closing date, if applicable
- Register with Selective Service if you are a male born after 12/31/1959
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 1 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.Education Additional information
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-7 salary range starts at $46,619 per year. If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
To qualify, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level or higher in the Federal service. Specialized experience is experience preparing correspondence and reports relating to the utilization and disposal of real property; furnishing both written and verbal information to the public regarding properties offered for sale; screening of notices of excess properties to be disposed of, and those with federal landholding agencies.
Bargaining Unit status: AFGE.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
We are also accepting applications from all U.S. Citizens and Nationals under Vacancy Announcement # 20PBSA601RMDE. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed; through other means; or not at all.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your overall possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities. Your responses to these questions must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
- Knowledge of real property utilization and disposal objectives, techniques, and principles, as well as a broad understanding of the Real Property Utilization and Disposal organization, mission, and operations.
- Verbal and written communication skills in order to provide timely and accurate information to managers, supervisors, employees, officials from Central Office, and the public.
- Ability to organize and analyze data.
- Knowledge of utilization and disposal status and be able to advise landholding agencies and prospective purchasers of status.
- Knowledge of disposal documents, their purpose, content, and terminology pertaining to a wide variety of real estate related procedures and practices.
- Skill of qualified typist. Knowledge of grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation to prepare material from drafts or oral instructions.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here.
Background checks and security clearance Security clearance
OtherDrug test required
Required DocumentsRequired Documents
ALL required documents must be submitted before the closing date. Review the following list to determine what you need to submit.
Note: If required to submit an SF-50 (Notice of Personnel Action), an equivalent agency Notice of Personnel Action form is acceptable. Such document(s) must show all of the following: effective date, position, title, series, grade, and rate of basic pay, tenure group 1 (career) or 2 (career-conditional), position occupied group, and name of agency. If you are a GSA employee (except in the OIG), you are not required to submit an SF-50.
If you are a 30% or more disabled veteran, VEOA or VRA applicant or qualified spouse, widow/widower, or parent:
(a) Copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD-214 that shows the dates of your active duty service. If selected, a DD-214 showing your type of discharge (member 4 copy) will be required prior to appointment.
(b) If you are a disabled veteran, or are applying under VRA or VEOA as a spouse, widow/widower, or parent of a veteran, submit both of the following in addition to the DD-214: (1) completed SF-15 form; and (2) proof of your entitlement (refer to SF-15 for complete list).
If you are active duty military- Certification on a letterhead from your military branch that includes your rank, character of service (must be under honorable conditions) & military service dates including discharge/release date (must be no later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted).
If you are a current Federal employee or Reinstatement Eligible: Submit your latest SF-50.
If you are eligible under an Interchange Agreement: Submit your latest SF-50.
If you are a former Peace Corp or VISTA volunteer: Submit your Description of Service.
If you are a current or former Land Management Agency EmployeeSubmit a and b:
(a) one or more SF-50s, including your most recent one that shows you were on a competitive time-limited appointment(s) with a Land Management Agency and served on the appointment for a period(s) totaling more than 24 months without a break of 2 or more years.
(b) Copy of your agency’s annual performance appraisal(s) or written reference(s) from a supervisor at the agency verifying satisfactory performance during your appointment(s).
If you have a disability: Submit proof of eligibility. For information on eligibility and required documentation, refer to USAJOBS’s People With Disabilities page.
If you are applying under another special appointment authority: Submit proof of your eligibility under the appropriate appointment authority. See USAJOBS's Resource Center for more information.
If you are ICTAP/CTAP eligiblesubmit a, b, and c: (a) proof of eligibility including agency notice; (b) SF-50, and (c) most recent performance appraisal.
If you are a current or former political appointee: Submit your SF-50.If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
You will have access to many benefits including:
- Health insurance (choose from a wide range of plans)
- Life insurance coverage with several options
- Sick leave and vacation time, including 10 paid holidays per year
- Thrift Savings Plan (similar to a 401(k) plan)
- Flexible work schedules
- Transit and child care subsidies
- Flexible spending accounts
- Long-term care insurance
- Training and development
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
As a Realty Technician, you will be responsible for assisting staff with screening notices for excess properties to be disposed of and supporting staff by researching information pertaining to disposal cases and service requests.
Location of position:
PBS, Real Property Utilization & Disposal Division
819 Taylor St. Fort Worth, TX
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed.
Occasional travelVery limited, occasional travel may be required.Supervisory status
Help This job is open to
- Individuals with disabilities
- Federal employeesCompetitive service
Current or former competitive service federal employees.
- Career transition (CTAP, ICTAP, RPL)
Federal employees who meet the definition of a "surplus" or "displaced" employee.
- Land & base management
Certain current or former term or temporary federal employees of a land or base management agency.
- Military spouses
- Family of overseas employees
Family members of a federal employee or uniformed service member who is, or was, working overseas.
- Peace Corps & AmeriCorps Vista
- Special authorities
Individuals eligible under a special authority not listed above, but defined in the federal hiring regulations.
Your application will be considered if you are a: Current career/career-conditional Federal employee in the competitive service; Reinstatement eligible; Special Appointing Authority eligible; VEOA eligible Veteran; ICTAP eligible; or OPM Interchange Agreement eligible.
For more detail information, please refer official source from US General Services Administration on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.