Maintenance Aide (Part-Time Seasonal) Job Churchill County Fallonby admin on more than 30 days
Churchill County Jobs 2020Description :
is currently recruiting for a part-time (up to 30 hours per week), seasonal Maintenance Aide for the Facilities and Grounds and Parks and Recreation Department. Many of the tasks this position will perform are custodial duties to ensure county facilities are clean and safe for the public. The person hired may also be required to perform other maintenance duties as directed. The position may also require contact with the public.
The positions are limited to 1,039 hours worked in a fiscal year (July 1 through June 30)employees' hours will be restricted to keep within this limitation. Successful employees are often rehired the following year, based on performance and the county's need for employees.
Applications will also be placed under consideration for other Maintenance Aide positions that may open within the county within the next six months.
Work for this winter will primarily be performed indoors The person in this position will work approximately six months and may potentially be rehired for another season if their performance and attitude warrants them being rehired and the county has a need to fill the position. These are seasonal positions with no additional benefits.
Applications should be submitted online at www.churchillcounty.org/careers and will be received until the position is filled. Paper applications are also available at the Human Resources Office (located at the County Administration Building, 155 N. Taylor Street, Suite 155) and at the Parks and Recreation Office (325 Sheckler Road)paper applications need to be submitted to the Human Resources Office. Apply as soon as possiblethe sooner you apply, the sooner your application will be considered. These positions are safety-sensitive and subject to pre-employment and random drug testing, including testing for marijuana and products that contain THC.
Selection for oral interview will be based upon qualifications presented in application materials. An eligible list will be established based on application and interview results. The eligible list will be maintained for six months. Inclusion on the eligible list is not a guarantee of a job offer.
Maintenance Aide is an entry level class – the incumbent works under close supervision, while learning County, department and equipment procedures. The incumbent has little or no prior experience or training in building and/or grounds maintenance but possesses the basic skills, abilities or knowledge necessary to learn the job duties. As experience is gained, the incumbent works more independently within established guidelines. The work performed by a temporary, casual or part-time status employee is typically at this assigned classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Maintains turf areas, pasture areas, fairgrounds, gardens and public buildings at various County locations.
- Cleans restrooms, picks up litter and collects garbage; cleans buildings and facilities, performing a full range of custodial duties as directed.
- Cleans animal stalls and pens.
- Cleans and maintains shop areas.
- Checks and maintains vehicles and equipment.
- Operates tractor with various implements, loader and water truck and other vehicles and heavy equipment.
- Performs minor plumbing and building repairs and maintenance.
- Deals effectively with the public
- Represents the County with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
Some education or experience in performing building and/or grounds maintenance duties.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- hand and power tools and power equipment
- groundskeeping methods, practices and materials and safety precautions of the work
- hand and power tool and power equipment operation
- perform moderately heavy manual labor
- use hand tools, power tools and power equipment
- work independently
- understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instructions
- establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, and the public
- Weekend and/or evening hours may be required.
- Nevada Driver's License.
- Must hold valid driver's license for equipment to be operated.
Reaching regularly with hands and arms. Frequent standing and walking. Dexterity and coordination to frequently use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. Occasional sitting; climbing or balancing; stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling; and talking or hearing. Frequent lifting and/or moving of items weighing up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving items weighing more than 100 pounds.
Work environment includes working near moving mechanical parts and/or in outside weather conditions. Frequent exposure to hot, cold, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals. Periodic contact with members of the public. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Conditions of Employment
- Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
- New employees are required to submit to a background investigation and if hired for a safety-sensitive position, a drug/alcohol screen. Employment is contingent upon passing the background and the drug/alcohol screen (if applicable).
- participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS, with information from each applicant's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All candidates who are offered employment must complete Section 1 of the Form I-9 along with the required proof of their right to work in the United States and proof of their identity prior to starting employment. Please be prepared to provide required documentation as soon as possible after the job offer is made.
Benefits for casual employees are limited to social security and Medicare contributions. Employees are required to pay their portion of the social security and Medicare contributions.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.