Supervisor I Job Goodwill of Ventura/Santa Barbara Counties Carpinteriaby admin on November 22, 2020
Goodwill of Ventura/Santa Barbara Counties Job Vacancies 2020Description :
- Immediate Supervisor: Store Manager.
- Wage: $14/hour.
- EEOC Class: Sales Workers.
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt.
The Supervisor I will work as a sales associate in a retail environment as well as oversee and direct the daily activities, schedules, and assignments of employees in the absence of the Store Manager and Assistant Manager.
- Manages the store in the absence of the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manager.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the store.
- Assigns jobs and projects to staff to ensure that duties are completed safely and efficiently.
- Assists customers with questions or price discrepancies. Performs conflict resolution as needed.
- Operates electric cash register and ensures accurate transactions.
- Assists customers in locating various products, resolving complaints, or providing information.
- Maintains inventory of store merchandise.
- Stocks, displays and sells all types of merchandise.
- Prices and markdown merchandise properly.
- Maintains store security measures and takes appropriate actions on known and suspected theft.
- Enforces safety practices and procedures and prepares related reports.
- Maintains back room Kaizen process.
- Understands and supervises ticket rotation / price reductions.
- Handles funds properly as required for store operations.
- Audits and balances store petty cash and daily reports.
- Responsible for a neat, clean and organized store.
- Accepts permanent / temporary assignments in other locations at discretion of District Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned that would lead to successful operation of department, team, and/or mission.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak/read/write proficient English.
- Basic mathematical skills, as needed to make change and give refunds.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Excellent customer service, sales, and conflict resolution skills.
- Thorough understanding of stores procedures and policies.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Must be able to work any store hours (Saturday through Friday: 7:00am – 8:00pm.)
- Appropriate dress attire.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must work in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to traverse warehouse to observe physical inventory.
- Prolonged periods standing (up to 8 hours.)
- Must be able to lift/pull/push up to 50 pounds at times.
- Ability to bend/squat/stoop.
- Good vision.
- Ability to perform repetitive movements over long periods of time.
- Free from drug and alcohol abuse.
- Electronic cash register.
- Smart Safe.
- Computer and telephone.
- Charge Card terminal.
- Hand truck.
- Broom, dust mop, wet mop, water bucket.
- Safety belt
- Face Mask
- Hand sanitizer (available at worksite)
- Disinfectant wipes (available at worksite)
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.