Nurse Practitioner / Physicians Assistant Job Cameron Memorial Community Hospital Inc Angolaby admin on more than 30 days
Cameron Memorial Community Hospital, Inc Jobs 2020Description :
Cameron Memorial Community Hospital is a 25-bed, independent, not-for-profit facility that proudly serves Angola and Steuben County as a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital. We’ve been a cornerstone of this community and the surrounding area in northeast Indiana dating back to 1926. Over the years, we’ve helped generation after generation of area residents enjoy better health and live comfortably. Today, Cameron Hospital has grown into something more than a simple community hospital. Filled with advanced equipment and skilled specialists, Cameron is a modern, high-tech facility that provides advanced diagnostics, a variety of specialties and cutting-edge treatment options that are combined with highly personalized and compassionate care.Currently, we have an opening in our Urgent Care for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant. This is a skilled, licensed position with benefits including premium pay for weekends and off shifts in addition to the hourly rate. If you are qualified, we would love for you to apply.
- DEPARTMENT: Urgent Care
- JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant
- SHIFT: PRN, Part Time as Needed (PRN Status includes an additional 10% added to the hourly rate for this position.)
- PREMIUMS: Overtime rate for weekends regardless of hours worked during the week. 10%15% premium added to the hourly rate for 2nd and 3rd shift
1. Graduate of an accredited school offering an Advanced Degree in Nursing Practice (ARNP), or Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program and successfully pass the Physician Assistant National certifying examination.
2. Current DEA certificate without restriction.
3. Current license in the State of Indiana.
4. Complete training and pass certification for DOT National Registry within 6 months of employment.
5. Must be able to meet Cameron Hospital’s credentialing requirements.
6. Complete a CAQH and update annually as required.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician’s Assistant provides medical direction and treatment of patients within the NP/PA Scope of Practice and in collaboration with the Urgent Care Medical Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Exemplifies good customer service.
2. Regular reliable attendance.
3. Demonstrates good communication skills both verbal and written.
4. Demonstrate proficient use of email.
5. Conducts a comprehensive assessment of patients, interprets medical histories, performs physical examinations, identifies problems, and formulates a plan of treatment.
6. Assess normal and abnormal findings from the patient history, physical examination, laboratory test and other diagnostic findings, such as radiology exams.
7. Works closely with clinic physician in referring patients with significant abnormal findings.
8. Orders, performs lab procedures and interprets lab test results following the Urgent Care CLIA waiver guidelines. Obtains lab specimens appropriately for send-outs.
9. Performs age appropriate care to pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
10. Performs exams for Occupational health patients including DOT and industrial physicals, and treatment of minor injuries.
11. Prescribes medications which are within the scope of practice and current standards of care.
12. Facilitates the patient and family decision making process by providing educational tools
13. Depending on patient volumes and nurse activity, will function in the capacity of a RN by assisting with patient admitting/discharge, procedures, and treatments to help facilitate a consistent patient flow.
14. Completes patient medical record documentation efficiently and accurately in EPIC.
15. Participates effectively as a team member by supporting change, other staff, administrative and department decisions, and by managing conflict appropriately.
16. Participates in the development/reviewing of Urgent Care policies/procedures.
17. Follows Cameron Hospitals’ established guidelines for disclosure of protected health information (PHI)
18. Obtains continuing education credits as required by the State licensing board.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.