Specialist Purchasing Job McLane Company Templeby admin on more than 30 days
McLane Company Recruitment 2020Description :
McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.Merchandising/Purchasing Descr JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for the procurement and management of inventory for all McLane Grocery divisions; utilizing various McLane Systems, applications and best practices to achieve the goals set forth for the department for service level, DSII, overstocks, distributions, SKU management and income. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Ensure that all pricing and deals are accurate and that any changes or updates are communicated in accordance with company pricing and deal policies.
- Work closely with and communicate well with suppliers, brokers, customer and McLane Grocery divisions, to include customer service, sales, accounting and operations.
- Analyze sales and purchasing trends to identify, plan and execute seasonal strategies and other changes in demand.
- Utilize McLane systems to identify income opportunities.
- Review daily service level, DSII reporting, and daily out reports by division (Report Net, and MPulse SL cube).
- Review of the past due and unconfirmed purchase orders report, three-day time supply.
- Review of warehouse receiving and inventory adjustments.
- Buy in accordance with the policies and best practices of McLane Company, adhering to the requirements necessary to meet individual, department and company objectives.
- Assist with purchasing, online distributions; overstock resolution, weekly filter trips, TIPS/Deal End review, SKU management, and Deal and Cost Change approval.
- Assist in invoice discrepancies, and help in seasonal planning as needed.
A teammate in this position must:
- Have a BS or BA in business or related major and two years business related work experience.
- Have purchasing or inventory management background preferred. Management and supervisory experience helpful, along with experience from a distributor or wholesale background.
- Have knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as some sales experience is also helpful.
- Possess excellent communication, time management, and organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be a team player with a winning attitude.
- Office environment.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k). - Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Physical Locations
For further information, please refer official source from McLane Company on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
- All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
- Only short listed candidates will be notified.
If you are not interested in Specialist Purchasing Temple August 2020 McLane Company above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Temple below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.