TMC Operator/Dispatcher Job Kapsch TrafficCom Kansas Cityby admin on more than 30 days
Kapsch TrafficCom Jobs 2020Description :
North America currently has an outstanding opportunity in the exciting and growing field in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS). We are seeking a passionate and professional individual to fill the role for a full-time TMC Operator in our Kansas City, MO Traffic Management Center (TMC). The TMC operator is responsible for the proper operation of the Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) software interface to field devices and equipment from the TMC for traffic management. Basic duties include monitoring traffic flow, emergency situations, work zones, and traffic congestion. Personnel are expected to respond with appropriate actions for warning drivers, informing response agencies and taking any steps necessary to assist in restoring traffic flow to normal conditions.
The current opening is a full-time (40hrs/week) weekend AM shift, FridayMonday. The pay rate for this position is $18.00 per hour along with eligibility to participate in Kapsch’s comprehensive benefit package.
- Create and post messages for the Dynamic Message Signs (DMS)
- View traffic conditions on the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Monitor traffic status, special events, scheduled events, active events, and incident fault status by utilizing CCTV cameras, Emergency Response, Law Enforcement reports, internal systems, etc.
- Communicate with emergency services such as state and local police, emergency communications centers, emergency response/motorist assist, maintenance departments, and media outlets
- Facilitate incident management which includes: detection, verification, response, clearance.
- Dispatch Emergency Response Personnel
- Monitor all active traffic events that occur during the shift and ensure that the information is entered correctly into systems and traffic related messages.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system related problems.
- Coordination with other operations staff with regards to various agencies and general control room coordination especially at shift change.
- Assist with the data collection for various reports, travel speed and travel time reports, incident reports, field equipment failures, and any other reports that are provided by the Traffic Management Center.
- Perform Duties as assigned.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to solve complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- High School diploma
- Typing and/or data entry experience
- Prior work experience in a professional setting
- Computer savvy with experience in the use of a multi-monitor-computer workstation and the ability to quickly enter and manage a real-time data entry
- Knowledge of Kansas City, MO geography with a focus on the layout of the highway system
- Ability to multi-task in fast pace situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a stringent background and past employer reference checks
Our t op Candidates will have:
- Dispatch experience
- The ideal candidate will have specialized experience and subject matter knowledge of TMC / ITS work, but prior experience is not required.
is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. is a drug-free workplace. Kapsch is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to [email protected] to advise of the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Candidates Requiring Sponsorship: regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT, etc.).
Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates: Please note that does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with . Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion without any fee owed or due to the submitting third-party employment agency, individual or entity. For more information, please contact [email protected]
For further information, please refer official source from Kapsch TrafficCom on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.