Fitness Center Front Desk Staff Job University of Colorado Auroraby admin on more than 30 days
University of Colorado Recruitment 2020Description :
| CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Anschutz Health and Wellness Center
Administrative Assistant I (Fitness Center Front Desk Staff)
Position #00777969 – Requisition #19101
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The School of Medicine, Anschutz Health and Wellness Center has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified) Fitness Center Front Desk Staff position.
The Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
About the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center:
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center resides within the School of Medicine at the Anschutz Medical Campus. The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) is an interdisciplinary center whose overarching goals are to have an impact on the campus while building towards sustainability. Either of these alone is insufficient. We strive to achieve both. Top researchers work side-by-side with clinicians to develop and deliver wellness and weight loss programs and work with patients, providers, students and trainees, employees, researchers to take these programs beyond the walls of the center into communities. The mission of the center is “to collaborate with campus partners to develop and deliver programs and services targeting physical activity, nutrition, and mental wellbeing that enhance the lives of people who come here.”
The vision of the center is “a campus where wellness is a foundation of everything we do.” All endeavors at the center are focused on this vision. An integrated approach with a shared philosophy is core to the development of the center’s programs. These programs strive to involve every area of the business, including wellness clinic services, the fitness center, and the metabolic and demonstration kitchens. Without this integration, it is not possible to achieve the vision that catalyzed the development of the center. The center serves as a “learning lab” for creating a model of standard care for wellness centers that can be replicated and exported.
Nature of Work
The reception point for the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center operational hours is currently Monday-Thursday from 5 am-10 pm, Fridays from 5 am-10 pm, and Saturday and Sundays from 6 am-10 pm. This position’s primary function is to ensure members check-in, support to group exercise check-in and retail sales as well as building wayfinding. This position is an essential service position that is required to report without delay or interruption to provide essential services or emergency services to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of campus residents. This is a benefit eligible 50% time (20 hours/ week) position
Examples of Work Performed:
- Monitor those entering the Fitness Center to ensure active, in-good-standing members are only allowed in the facility
- Using the Center Point of Sale system, ring up various member transactions (e.g., retail sales, past-due payments, gift card sales)
- Provide wayfinding and information to others entering the Center
- Accept package deliveries and answer phones
- Assist and answer member questions or refer to correct staff member
- Administrative duties as required
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed; it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- One year previous customer service experience in a high volume environment
Substitution: Education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification or willingness to obtain within 30 days of hire date
- Willing and able to lift 25lbs
- Willing and able to Push/ Pull up to 25lbs
- Wiling and able to stand for long periods
- Must be willing and able to work Monday thru Thursday 5 am-10 pm; Friday 5 am-10 pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 6 am-10 pm
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Previous customer service experience in a Fitness Center
- Experience with CSI Spectrum Point of Sale software
- Outstanding customer focus skills, making it as easy as possible on the customer
- Strives for high customer satisfaction by being pleasant and helpful
- Ability to handle cash, make change and balance a cash drawer
- Ability to learn new software and any updates
- Ability to follow credit card acceptance policy as defined by the Center
- Ability to follow set procedures for entering transactions into the Center Point of Sale system
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to University of Colorado e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.