Correctional Officer Job Board of Police Commissioners Illinoisby admin on July 15, 2020
Board of Police Commissioners Job Vacancies 2020Description :
DeWitt County, Illinois Sheriff’s Office
The DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office Merit Commission is accepting applications for the position of Correctional Officer with the DeWitt County Sheriff’s Office.
Population of DeWitt County: 16,434 (405 sq. miles)
Starting Salary: $38,804 (as of 12/1/2019)
Benefits Include: Paid vacation, holiday, sick leave, medical is also available with pay, life insurance and excellent pension plan.
Previous Certified Officers: Those certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board in Law Enforcement or Corrections may apply anytime by calling (217) 935-9507. The starting wage for a pre-certified correctional officer varies with experience.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the DeWitt County Merit Commission:
- U.S. citizenship;
- No felony convictions;
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid driver's license;
- Minimum of 21 years of age at time of testing (August 29, 2020);
- Pay a $40.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Pass a mandatory State of Illinois Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report (POWER) Test and written test administration on Saturday, August 29, 2020. For more information about the POWER test, visit https://www.ptb.illinois.gov/media/1320/power.pdf
Documents Required for Application Submission:
- Copy of valid driver's license;
- Copy of social security card;
- Copy of birth certificate;
- Copy of High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent (If unable to provide a diploma, obtain a letter of certification from the school);
- If applicant has military experience, a copy of Form DD-214 is required.
Submission of Application:
- Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, August 14, 2020 @ 4:00 PM (CST). Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
The DeWitt County, Illinois Sheriff’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Board of Police Commissioners e-recruitment website with link as follow :
- Application will be treated strictly confidential .
- Only candidates that meet the above qualification will be shortlisted.
If you are not interested in Correctional Officer Illinois August 2020 Board of Police Commissioners above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Illinois below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.