Cobb - Pedigree House Worker/Traps Job Tyson Foods Inc Spavinawby admin on September 2, 2020
Tyson Foods, Inc. Job Vacancies 2020Description :
If you are looking to make an impact on a meaningful scale, come join us as we raise the world's expectations for how much good food can do!
Work Shift:1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hours: 6:10 am – 4:10 pm
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
- Starting Pay is $13.00 an hour
* Applicants must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the facility.
**Applicants with previous agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
- Provides for daily care of pedigree hens and roosters. Inspects eggs to assure quality, fitness and lineage for incubation by performing the duties listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Feeds, waters and weighs birds according to standards. (10%)
- Cleans and disinfects waterers, changes nest pads, dusts houses, maintains feed room assuring cleanliness and performs other housekeeping duties. (10%)
- Records information according to instructions such as egg numbers (hen numbers on egg), bird weights, medications, feed and water intake and mortality. (10%)
- Collects eggs from floor level trap nests, releases hens from nests, records number of eggs laid by each hen. (50%)
- Monitors for floor and nest eggs and works to eliminate these by training hens to use nest. (10%)
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, such as: inspects poultry for diseases to remove weak, ill and dead poultry from flock; monitors feed, water, lighting and ventilation systems; sanitation of breakroom and vehicles; properly euthanize weak or ill birds in accordance with company policy. (10%)
Biosecurity/Animal Welfare Requirements :
- The jobsite is a bio-secure environment which requires showering on-site and changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the job site except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly stoop/bend to floor level to collect eggs in accordance with the number of eggs produced. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds to move items such as feed buckets, tools (such as leaf blowers, roto tillers, wheeled carts), etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand the majority of the shift on multiple floor surfaces (i.e. concrete floors, shavings, etc.); walk, sit; use hands to handle or feel objects or controls; reach with hands and arms (stretch); balance, stoop or bend repeatedly , climbing (ladder usage); talk and hear; drive a vehicle within the farm complex. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also in hot, dry, dusty, wet and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles and/or glasses, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and farm issued footwear are required. Ear plugs will be used as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Disinfectants such as Synergize, Virocid, Lysol, Bleach, Clorox Wipes, etc.
- Safety: Team member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. Team member is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
Addendum to Job Descriptions for Source Control and Essential Functions
During the current Pandemic (2020), all Team Members will be required to wear company issued facial coverings. Training will be provided to each Team Member specific to their job and their facility location in addition to signing an acknowledgement form they understand these expectations.
It is considered an essential function of each job for a Team Member to wear the company issued facial coverings. If a Team Member indicates they will not wear the mask, they will not be considered for the position in which they are applying or any position that requires the facial covering. If a Team Member has a medical condition or disability that prevents them from wearing the mask, Cobb will engage in a interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided that addresses the safety concerns associated with the Pandemic and allow the Team Member to perform the essential functions of the job.
When completing a Tyson Foods employment application, be sure to complete all tasks listed on the candidate home page. If not, you will see a message that there are 1 or more task(s) that require attention. Applicants for hourly production positions must complete the task to provide additional information to be considered from employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here .
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.