Custodial Tech-LGMC Housekeeping-Full Time Job Lafayette General Healthby admin on more than 30 days
Lafayette General Health Recruitment 2020Description :
Location: LGMC Housekeeping/Custodial Tech
Employment Status: Full Time
Cleans hospital patient's rooms, baths, and laboratories. Cleans offices, halls, and other areas as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner in order to reflect the highest integrity of the Environmental
2. Performs routine cleaning of patient rooms, nursing units, offices, and clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators and stairways in a clean, neat and sanitary manner.
3. Completes work assignments in a timely manner and utilizes computerized bed tracking system properly.
4. Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
5. Uses and maintains equipment properly.
6. Assists visitors with directions whenever requested.
7. Always introduces self to patients, families and visitors.
8. Reports safety hazards as appropriate.
9. Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area.
10. Replenishes supplies.
11. Follows all infection control practices including handwashing techniques, Standard Precautions and isolation precautions.
12. Maintains set quality standards when performing job duties.
13. Works day, evening or night shift as assigned.
14. Ability to do work on his/her own with normal supervision.
15. Observes safety precautions at all times.
16. Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
17. Maintains regulatory requirements.
18. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times
19. Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
20. Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
21. Completes in-services and returns in a timely fashion.
22. Attends annual review and department in-services, as scheduled.
23. Attends at least 8 staff meetings annually, reads and returns all monthly staff meeting minutes.
24. Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
25. Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
26. Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
27. Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department
28. Washes beds and mattresses, and remakes beds after dismissal of patients.
29. Keeps utility and storage rooms in clean and orderly condition.
30. Hospital set ups are performed according to diagrams, timely, and safely.
31. Demonstrate a working knowledge of the following equipment buffers, extractors, power washers, and high speeders. Skills are at a level to competently perform the following procedure: stripping/waxing, high speeding, bonnet buffing, extracting, terminal cleaning of specialized areas of care. Distributes laundered articles and linens.
32. Replaces soiled drapes and cubicle curtains.
33. Cleans rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas.
34. Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides chemical
35. Performs situational and skilled project cleaning with the achievement of high quality work standards as determined by the Supervisor
36. Performs all other related duties.
A. Ability to perform job duties and on-the-job training.
B. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions; to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
C. Ability to perform basic arithmetic operation including, but not limited to addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to perform daily operations using basic units including, but not limited to cups, pints, quarts, inches, feet, yards, ounces and pounds.
D. Ability to read and understand equipment operation manual. Ability to communicate effectively.
E. High School Diploma or GED required; or at least six 6 months related work experience required without high school diploma or GED. High school diploma or GED preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Physical demands considered heavy work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Maximum lift to 25 to 50 pounds on a frequent basis, with a maximum of 50 to 100 pounds on occasion. Ability to lift, push, pull, and / or move objects and equipment that fit within these weight categories.
Not Required Occasional Frequent Constant
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.