Merchandising Assistant - Health amp Wellness Job WALGREENS Deerfieldby admin on November 14, 2020
WALGREENS Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Provides coordination support for the planning, strategy and systemization of purchasing operations. Communicates with facilities personnel, other Company departments, and outside representatives to resolve issues and discrepancies regarding reports, shipping, scheduling, and any other problems or questions that arise. Expedites and tracks purchase orders status to ensure proper shipping, scheduling, and receipt of orders to facilities. Follows through with the appropriate departments to ensure adequate inventory levels and cost savings to the Company.
- Performs general administrative tasks, to include, but not limited to: sorting and routing mail, printing and running reports, organizing supply drawers, organizing and creating systems for office files, document preparation (e.g. scanning, organizing, printing, copying), sending out items to be imaged, maintaining and answering questions regarding management schedules, and greeting visitors.
- Responds to questions from new and existing vendors, stores, customers, and other department personnel regarding error corrections, category items and inventory, meetings, ad requests, resets/revisions and other related questions.
- Provides department support on various projects and related tasks, to include, creating PowerPoint slides, formatting and creating Excel files, responding to legal contract review requests, tracking ad type/items over multiple ad dates, conducting comparison shops, tracking hot inventory, setting planograms, reviewing printed and set planograms for accuracy.
- Assumes responsibilities for other Merchandising Assistants within the department when unavailable.
- Creates, enters and updates purchasing related information (e.g. seals, call-ins, P.O.’s, DLs, ASTDs, re-class requests, etc.) using various systems (e.g. Decision Web, ADR7, Walnet, AIS On-line, etc.).
- Reviews and researches information contained in purchasing related reports (e.g. overlapping deals, scan verification, discontinued DC inventory, divisional ad bulletins, 1506 claims, cost changes, aged and unapproved deals, GP Summary, customer complaints, SDD item vendor conflict report, etc.) To verify information, find errors, and make recommendations on inventory and money disbursement.
- Maintains processes on items, deals, reset/revision, spreadsheets, vendor information, requests, filing, artwork, ad planning, and new items.
- Trains new Merchandising Assistants on job functions, as needed.
(walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, .com. also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 1 year experience in a retail environment.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Knowledge of marketing/purchasing systems and processes.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through WALGREENS system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.