Domestic And Sexual Violence Advocate Job YWCA Northcentral PA Williamsportby admin on June 16, 2020
YWCA Northcentral PA Job Vacancies 2020Description :
SUMMARY: An Advocate who will provide intervention and supportive services to individuals in crisis; victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and other violent crimes. Shift work, some holidays, and weekends required. High School diploma or GED, valid driver’s license, Act 33, 34 and FBI Clearances required. Please send resume with cover letter to email or Human Resources, YWCA Northcentral PA, 815 W. Fourth St., Williamsport, PA 17701. No phone calls please. EOE
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Attend on-going training on the welfare reform system and keep up to date on changes in the law and system procedures.
· Maintain a high-level of professionalism and concern for clients at all times.
· Provide Hotline coverage, answer Wise Options telephone lines and document all calls.
· Provide information and referral to callers as needed.
· Provide crisis and supportive counseling.
· Assess the safety of callers and respond as per procedure.
· Update and keep current referral information.
· Perform data entry, filing, and clerical duties.
· Complete follow-up contact with previous clients.
· Provide shelter coverage.
· Provide on-call and holiday coverage as scheduled.
· Admit clients to the shelter following established procedures.
· Record and maintain accurate case notes, client files.
· Daily documentation of shift information regarding clients, facility and residents in communication book.
· Actively communicate with adjacent shifts.
· Communicate problems, concerns and resident information.
· Sign for keys.
· Forward mail to former shelter residents.
· Clean and maintain shelter facilities.
· Contact on-call worker as needed.
· Maintain the safety and security of the shelter and residency.
· Facilitate support groups and house meetings.
· Serve as primary counselor for residents.
· Provide options counseling to all program participants.
· Identify and implement ideas to improve the atmosphere and quality of life for residents in the shelter.
· Provide referral to program participants about community resources and systems and other YWCA services.
· Provide advocacy, case management, education and coordination of community systems on an individual or group basis to victims of domestic violence in order to assist them with achieving financial independence.
· Provide information, assistance and advocacy to survivors of domestic violence with regard to welfare, child custody, and legal systems.
· Keep supervisor apprised of any problem or unusual incident that occurs during the performance of duties.
· Continue to develop professional expertise through reading and processing cases and difficult situations with supervisor and other professional staff.
· Maintain the up keep of the shelter.
· Attend mandatory staff meetings, attend and participate in case management as assigned by supervisor.
· Attend conferences and workshops as assigned.
- Able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Provide coverage of the child custody exchanges as required; fostering a safe and comfortable environment for parents to exchange custody of children.
- Complete Interviews/intake sessions for the child custody exchange and complete required documentation.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT:
· Requires the use of office equipment such as TV/DVD, copiers, telephone and fax machine.
· Proficient in personal computers and related software; i.e., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point, etc.
· Computer Network Server and related software; i.e., Microsoft Exchange 2010, Mail Client Outlook Express.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
· 80 hours of training upon hire.
· Valid driver’s license and valid auto insurance.
3. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE ABILITIES AND SKILLS
· Able to communicate, read, write and understand the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance.
· Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
· Able to obtain Act 33 & 34 and FBI clearances.
· Some experience in shelter, counseling, or care giving.
· Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures and regulations to administer client services.
· Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
· Skills in counseling, preparing and maintaining files and computing statistics.
· Skills in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with clients, staff and community agencies.
· Able to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures, communicate clearly both written and verbal.
· Able to maintain confidentiality.
· Able to stay awake and be effective in-service provision.
· Demonstrated phone etiquette skills.
· Work with cleaning supplies and ability to do general household cleaning.
· Able to be on call through the night and/or go without sleep to provide services to clients.
4. PHYSICAL STANDARDS
· Must be able to sit at a desk for prolong periods of time (6-7 hours per day) using a PC work station.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, kneel, reach above shoulder level and twist body periodically throughout the day.
· Must possess sight and hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of the position can be fully met.
· Must be able to utilize hands for fine motor skills and repetitive actions.
· Must be able to adjust to a flexible schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.00 - $12.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Overnight (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Overnight shift
For further information, please refer official source from YWCA Northcentral PA Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with YWCA Northcentral PA, please register yourself at :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates will receive responses.
If you are not interested in Domestic and Sexual Violence Advocate Williamsport July 2020 YWCA Northcentral PA above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Williamsport below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.