Clinical Staff Pharmacist Job Delta Regional Medical Center Greenvilleby admin on September 17, 2020
Delta Regional Medical Center Recruitment 2020Description :
1. Reviews prescriptions issued by physicians or other authorized prescribers to assure accuracy and determines formulas and ingredients needed.
2.Compounds medications using standard formulas and processes such as weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
3.Monitors all posting onto the patient profiles in order that accuracy, drug allergies, drug interactions, duplicate therapy, rational drug therapy and incompatibilities may be realized, and better patient care received.
4. Checks patient medication bags prior to delivery to patient care areas to ascertain that the correct drug, dosage form, schedule and strength is being dispensed.
5. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
6. Prepares IV admixtures and extemporaneous parenteral products under aseptic conditions.
7. Directs Pharmaceutical Services personnel engaged in admixing, packaging, and labeling pharmaceuticals.
8. Answers questions and provides information to physicians, nurses, patients, and other healthcare professionals on the appropriate use of medications, drug interactions, side effects, dosage, storage, etc.
Demonstrates ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the hospital staff.
9. Demonstrates ability to write articles for publication and ability to effectively present information to management, medical staff, hospital staff and public groups.
10. Demonstrates ability to apply necessary advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents and logarithms.
11. Demonstrates ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as dosage calculations, formulation of pharmaceutical preparations and data analysis.
12. Demonstrates ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Demonstrates ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract
13. Willingness and ability to learn and apply knowledge as a “pharmacist in training” with all prescriptions verified by a licensed pharmacist prior to dispensing.
14. Endorses policies and procedures of the department and of the hospital.
15. Ensures the maintenance and proper operation of equipment and supplies in the work areas.
16. Maintains established procedures concerning quality control, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste.
17. Enters data into the computer system (Pharmacy program) such as patient, prescribed medications and cost and maintains patient profiles and charge system.
18. Instructs technicians and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to the Pharmaceutical Services Department.
19. Reviews and monitors drug therapy that requires dosing adjustments as authorized by the physician.
20. Provides pharmaceutical care to all ages of patients from newborns to the elderly. Understands that there are dosage variations between newborn, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients and knows where to find appropriate information.
21. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
22. Assists the Director of Pharmaceutical Services on special assignments.
23. Supervises members of the Pharmaceutical Services Department staff daily.
24. Assists the Director of Pharmaceutical Services with responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s mission, policy, and any applicable laws.
25. Interviews and assists in the hiring process, trains personnel, plans, assigns, and directs work, addresses complaints, and resolves problems.
26. Demonstrates ability to read, analyze and interpret pharmacy-related journals articles
Graduate of an accredited college of pharmacy; required
PharmD degree ; preferred
Pharmacy residency ; plus
2 years of Hospital experienced ; preferred
1 year of pharmacy experienced ; required
Language Skills :
English ; required
Based computer knowledge ; required
- Automated pharmacy systems, typewriters, IV Laminar Flow Hood or the willingness to learn : preferred
For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion, and environment, see following description:
1. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50.00 - $59.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have COVID-19 safety measures in place including ; but not limited to: daily temperature monitoring, wearing masks , and continuous sanitation protocol
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Greenville, MS 38703 (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Pharmacy Residency: 1 year (Preferred)
- Clinical Pharmacy Experience: 1 year (Required)
- English (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Pharmacist License (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Only full-time employees eligible
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.