On-Call Shelter Support Staff Job Mary #039 s Place Seattleby admin on more than 30 days
Mary's Place Jobs 2020Description :
What is Mary’s Place?
Mary’s Place is the largest family shelter provider in King County. We provide safe, inclusive shelter and services for women, children and families on their journey out of homelessness. For over two decades, we’ve been implementing national best practices and innovative programs to move families out of homelessness and into housing faster.
Mary’s Place values our staff, partners and volunteers! In recognition of the important and life-saving work that our front line staff do, we are providing shelter staff incentive bonuses up to $500.
On Call Shelter Support Staff at Mary’s Place
We are seeking responsible and energetic individuals with a passion for serving families to join our On-Call Shelter Support Staff team! As an On-Call Shelter Support Staff member, you will work with parents and children who are experiencing homelessness and are in need of a safe setting to find refuge at night. General responsibilities include coordinating and facilitating guest and program activities, providing basic care and crisis management, maintaining a set program schedule, and offering acceptance and hope.
Mary’s Place shelter operate 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. We currently have all shifts available: Day, Evening and Overnight.
Some of what you’ll do as a Shelter Support Staff Member:
- Facilitate an established shelter schedule including activities, the guest chore board, meals, accepting donations, space transition, and clean up
- Provide crisis management and set appropriate limits as needed
- Determine volunteer activities and develop positive relationship with volunteers by facilitating involvement and interaction
- Provide resources and referrals to families as needed
- Facilitate emergency intakes throughout the shift
- Embrace the Mary’s Place mission of empowering women, children, and families experiencing homelessness, and adhere to staff guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Shelter Manual
Successful candidates will have:
- At least one-year experience working with homeless people or a similar population; College degree strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients while building trust and respect
- Ability to access and produce information from a computer
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Ability to travel between Mary’s Place sites during working hours as needed
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
How to Apply
Please submit resumes and applications to our Careers page at: https://bit.ly/Marysplaceapplication
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.50 - $18.50 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- On Call
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Seattle, WA 98109 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.