Grocery Clerk Job Jewel Osco Buffalo Groveby admin on more than 30 days
Jewel Osco Job Vacancies 2020Description :
PURPOSE: Provide prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Stock, rotate and replenish merchandise and ensure highest quality standards are met. Process deliveries, breaking load down onto stock carts or U-Boats and transferring to sales floor. Maintain clean work areas by consolidating and organizing product.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Asst. Store Director, Asst. Grocery Manager, or Person in Charge.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides prompt, efficient, and friendly customer service by exhibiting care concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the associate’s designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Genuinely thanks each customer and invites them back.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
a) escorting them to the products they are looking for or securing products that are out of reach.
b) loading or unloading heavy items.
c) making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests.
d) performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answer calls promptly when paged, and provide friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking special orders.
- Stock merchandise to shelf and displays.
- Rotate and replenish merchandise and ensures highest quality standards are met.
- Process incoming product deliveries by recording codes on perishable product, verifying product being received, unloading product, and placing in designated storage areas according to “5S” standards.
- Inspect shelves for low stock conditions. Removing stock from storage area and replenishing shelves and display cases
- Disassemble and flatten packing boxes and load disassembled boxes into the baler.
- Maintain company standards of shelves and displays, straightening product and pulling cardboard.
- Clean all department equipment, displays and storage areas according to sanitation schedule and standards.
- Consolidate product and organize storage areas.
- Process damaged product including sorting, organizing, completing paperwork, and sending out for credit.
- Ensures storage area is organized according to “5S” standards.
- Ensure proper merchandising of product by understanding schematics, merchandising of advertised items, proper signing procedures, and meeting customer demands.
- Build end cap displays and fill through the week, as necessary.
- Responsible for proper inventory control through stocking, rotating, and writing a product number on all overstock.
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment.
- Maintain strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress code.
- Check invoices against delivered product when asked.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, Safety and Sanitation regulations, and individual store guidelines.
- Report to work when scheduled and on time.
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor in a timely manner.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS: (These are considered occasional in nature)
- Use SPA gun to order product and maintain accurate inventory count in EOE system.
- Update price changes as needed on shelves and displays.
- Help with cleaning duties.
- Assist in other areas of store as permitted by Collective Bargaining Agreement(s).
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB: (Physical demands outlined on attached PAR sheet) * Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with multiple variables as they are presented.
- Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, counting, and recording.
- Must be able to understand and follow written, verbal or demonstrated instructions, write identifying information, and request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at less than 20 inches to less than 20 feet, with color vision and depth perception. Must be able to read the descriptions on the boxes and shelf tags to place merchandise in the proper locations.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends, and holidays. WORKING CONDITIONS: The duties for this position are normally conducted in a store environment. Exposure to approximately 28 degrees Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler and -20 degrees Fahrenheit while handling products in the freezer. There is significant responsibility to maintain customer service levels and handle multiple priorities. The position involves sharp knives and is occasionally exposed to dust, cleaning chemicals, and equipment movement hazards. This is a fast-paced work environment where stressful situations are encountered.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB: Box cutter, stock cart or U-Boat, trash and cardboard compactors, intercom, pallet jack, forklift, power pallet jack, step ladder, riser ladder, dock plate and SPA gun.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.75 /hour
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Buffalo Grove, IL 60089 (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Monday (Preferred)
- Tuesday (Preferred)
- Wednesday (Preferred)
- Thursday (Preferred)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Sunday (Required)
- Are you atleast 16 years old or older?
Hours per week:
- Every week
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
For further information, please refer official source from Jewel Osco on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.