Buildings amp Grounds Maintenance/Technician Level 1 Job Warren Washington Albany ARC (WWAARC) a chapter of The Arc New York Queensburyby admin on more than 30 days
Warren, Washington & Albany ARC (WWAARC) a chapter of The Arc New York Hiring 2020 - Warren, Washington & Albany ARC (WWAARC) a chapter of The Arc New York is seeking a new worker to apply Buildings & Grounds Maintenance/Technician Level 1 that will be placed in Queensbury.
Warren, Washington & Albany ARC (WWAARC) a chapter of The Arc New York Recruitment 2020Description :
Warren Washington Albany ARC (WWAARC) currently seeks a Full Time (40-hour) Buildings and Grounds Technician I to provide basic maintenance with a focus primarily on landscaping.
- 18 years of age.
- A valid driver’s license that meets WWAARC insurability standards.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- To secure and maintain all certifications and trainings required by WWAARC.
- At least 2 years of experience in buildings or grounds maintenance preferred.
- Must have a strong background in landscaping. Some general maintenance experience preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Job is a manual labor position, and employee is required to stand, lift, kneel, and bend regularly throughout the day, both indoors and outdoors in all seasons and weather conditions. The employee must be able to regularly lift 50-75 pounds with or without accommodation.
To apply a WWAARC completed application is required. This can be downloaded from our website, emailed, mailed or picked up at our Administrative offices located at 436 Quaker Rd, Queensbury, NY 12804 or 334 Krumkill Rd., Slingerlands, NY 12159
Anticipated Shift: Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 4:00 pm. Other hours will be required depending on emergency situations and snow removal duties, and rotating on call
What's in it for You:
- Work where you AND the work you do are valued
- Positive work environment, with advancement potential, for dedicated professionals
- Generous planned time off, and sick time, group health & dental insurance, life insurance, 403(b) retirement plans, HSA & FSA
- Work for an agency who welcomes and supports: diversity, individuality and individual expression of our employees and people we support
WWAARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, disabled/protected veterans, females, minorities, gender identity, sexual orientation
Warren, Washington & Albany Counties Chapter of NYSARC, Inc. (WWAARC), located in upstate New York, is a nonprofit organization serving nearly 1,000 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We operate 43 residences, 30 Supported Living Program (SLP) apartments, four day programs, a Work Center, Community Employment and have the only Respite Center between Albany and the Canadian border. For over 50 years, WWAARC has represented a longstanding tradition of providing outstanding advocacy, family support, and the very best quality services to many people throughout Warren, Washington and Albany Counties.
- We value the dreams, aspirations and goals of persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their rights to a full, productive and responsible role in society.
- We value the rights of persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities to make their own choices.
- We value diversity in membership and leadership.
- We value the dedication and commitment of the staff who serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- We value being family-led and professionally managed.
WWAARC is a CQL certified company and has been named by the Guilderland Chamber of Commerce as the 2020 Best Place to Work!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
For further information, please refer official source from Warren, Washington & Albany ARC (WWAARC) a chapter of The Arc New York on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.