Entry Level Direct Support Person Job Little City Foundation Illinoisby admin on more than 30 days
Little City Foundation Recruitment 2020Description :
IMPORTANT: During the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic we will remain open and continue hiring since we are an essential service provider as a Human Service Organization.
NEW Wage Rates: $13.00/hr - $13.50/hr
Overtime Rates: $19.50/hr to $21.00/hr when working over 40/hr per week. Some staff make $30k, $40K, $50k+ w/overtime!
No experience needed. Paid training.
1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts, PT and FT: Schaumburg, Hanover Park, Palatine, Arlington Hts., Streamwood, Hoffman Estates and Roselle
HOW TO APPLY:
Online Application - (less the 3 minutes from start to finish) by clicking "Apply". We know your time is valuable, so only 7 YES or NO questions.
- Wages + $.50 cent weekend shift differentials & overtime opportunities (optional & when available)
- $13.00/hr for High School | GED, $13.50/hr weekends, weekday overtime $19.50/hr over 40hrs, weekend overtime $20.25/hr over 40hrs
- $13.50/hr for HS | GED with CNA, $14.00/hr weekends, weekday overtime $20.25/hr over 40hrs, weekend overtime $21.00/hr over 40hrs
If job link does not work please visit our website for this & other positions >>> www.littlecity.org/careers/
The Direct Support Professional is responsible for providing direct services for adults who reside at Little City to ensure they are healthy, safe and are learning skills, which will enable them to be contributing members of their home and local community. The DSP utilizes the Active Treatment techniques to assist individuals with completing personal tasks, maintaining a clean living environment and assists them as needed while they are in the community. The DSP completes documentation of each person’s progress toward their written objectives per direction from the Quality of Life Coordinator (QLC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides Active Engagement in the home and community by using the techniques.
- Implements and documents each person’s progress toward each formal and informal goals and objectives as outlined in each person’s Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Implements each person’s self-medication plan as outlined in the ISP.
- Ensures each person is receiving well-balanced nutritional meals.
- Ensures each person completes their personal hygiene and grooming tasks and provides additional assistance as needed.
- Ensures that each person is dressed appropriately according to weather conditions.
- Provides opportunities for people to make personal decisions and assume responsibility for their daily affairs. Provides opportunities for people to be able to learn to cook and clean in their own home environment. Encourages people to participate in activities including recreational and Special Olympics events.
- Resolves conflicts between person’s within the home environment.
- Transports individuals in a Pace or Little City van and accompanies them to necessary appointments and community outings, including shopping for groceries, personal items and participation in recreational activities, religious services, and Special Olympic Events.
- Accepts responsibility as a Mandated Reporter per State guidelines. Immediately reports all allegations of Abuse or Neglect to his or her immediate supervisor.
- Follows policies and procedures in reporting problems or emergencies.
- Maintains an awareness of all safety activities in the home. Immediately reports all accidents and safety hazards to his or her immediate supervisor.
- Maintains adequate housekeeping standards, performs housekeeping duties as directed by management staff, and reports maintenance problems to management staff , writes work orders and submits them to his/her, immediate supervisor.
- Follows procedures as outlined in the Emergency Preparedness Plan.
- Participates in the completion of assessment tools, i.e. ICAP, Risk Assessment, etc.
- Participates in ISP Meetings as needed.
- Attends Home Team meetings as scheduled and participates in problem-solving and decision-making in matters related to the home.
- Demonstrates a respectful attitude toward people who live in the home and their property.
- Offers other staff assistance as needed as well as a positive supportive attitude.
- Accounts for money spent with receipt/change submitted to the Supervisor or Program Manager.
- Communicates pertinent information verbally and in writing to relief staff.
- Completes shift responsibilities as directed by the Supervisor within time frames allotted.
- Actively engages in professional development activities in order to increase and improve knowledge of current trends, including participation in in-services and reviews of literature and research.
- Maintains annual certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Successfully completes Little City Foundation required training, re-training, and any additional training as required by Little City Foundation policies and practices, or as assigned by his or her immediate supervisor.
- Successfully completes the Medication Administration Training and maintains the ability to pass medications.
- Successfully complete and maintain the PACE certification process.
Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate and be at least 21 years of age. One years’ experience working with adults with developmental, behavioral, and/or emotional challenges, preferred. Be able to demonstrate functional literacy. The DSP must be able to speak and write clearly and communicate information effectively in English. A valid driver’s license is required. The DSP must also meet the LCF insurance requirements per policy in order to be maintained on the Approved Driver’s list.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is subject to sitting, walking, and standing for prolonged periods; frequently grasps, lifts, holds, or feels objects; occasionally stoops, kneels, crouches, or crawls. The employee frequently is required to use manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination when working with persons served and handling office, medical, or household equipment. The employee is subject to assist and support up to 50 pounds with varying amounts of assistance on a reoccurring basis. The employee is required to have corrected vision and hearing within normal range and the ability to operate a motor vehicle. Must have the ability to perform CPR and CPI. Occupational exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious substances, including communicable diseases when performing personal care (Category III). Occasional exposure to cleaning agents and disinfectants. Residential work environment with a noise level of normal to loud. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform successfully the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Key Words: Direct Support Professional, Direct Support Person, Home Aid, CNA, DD-Aide, Vocational, Support Specialist, Entry Level, Care Team Member, Monday to Friday, Cook County, no experience, entry level, paid training, overtime, 1st shift, 2nd shift, 3rd shift, PT, Part Time, FT, Full Time, Palatine, Hanover Park, Arlington Heights, Arlington Hts., Streamwood, Roselle, Schaumburg, Mundelein, Northwest Suburbs, Near: Bensenville, Elk Grove Village, Mount Prospect, Mt Prospect, Des Plaines, Rolling Meadows, Hoffman Estates, Barrington, Lake Zurich, Inverness, Buffalo Grove, Long Grove, Prospect Heights, Prospect Hts, Wood Dale, Itasca, Bloomingdale, Addison, Bartlett, Fox River Grove, Cary, Crystal Lake, Carpenterville, Algonquin, Sutton, Lake in the Hills, Kildeer.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not interested in Entry Level Direct Support Person Illinois August 2020 Little City Foundation above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Illinois below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.