Security Officer Kuparuk Job Denali Universal Services North Slopeby admin on April 20, 2020
Denali Universal Services Jobs 2021Description :
Under supervision of the Security Captain and/or Security Sergeant, the employee will provide security related duties and other infrastructure support functions unique to the Kuparuk facility based on the contract requirements.
- Minimum of two years of experience in an officer position or above with a municipal, state, or federal law enforcement agency, military unit with security related duties, corrections, or private security company.
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- State of Alaska armed security officer certification (or ability to obtain)
- Emergency Trauma Technician certification (or ability to obtain)
- Ability to pass expanded background investigation
- Ability to perform the essential functions, as described below, in a safe and efficient manner
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger and air brake endorsements (or ability to obtain)
- Work safely and understand that working safely is a condition of employment
- Read, comprehend, and employ policies and procedures. Utilize clear and appropriate communication skills in formal and informal settings
- From a variety of body positions, load, unload, aim and fire handguns, shotguns and other agency firearms under conditions of stress that justify the use of deadly force and at levels of proficiency prescribed in certification standards
- Perform searches of people, vehicles, vessels, buildings, and large outdoor areas which may involve feeling and detecting objects, and walking over uneven terrain for long periods of time
- Confront suspicious persons, assess intentions, and take action as appropriate
- Extinguish fires by using a fire extinguisher and other appropriate means
- Effectively and coherently communicate over radio channels while initiating and responding to radio communications
- Utilize clear and appropriate communication skills when communicating with people by giving information, mediating disputes, advising of processes and rules, and de-escalating altercations
- Gather information in investigations by interviewing and obtaining the statements of all participants and witnesses. Reduce the results of those investigations into written form so as to clearly and accurately reflect the information obtained
- Exercise sound judgment in determining appropriate action when there is a reasonable suspicion to detain, when probable cause exists to search and arrest, and when force may be used and to what degree
- Comprehend, evaluate, and correctly respond to oral information received from a wide variety of sources such as supervisors, witnesses, victims, or through a variety of other means such as personal statements, radio, or telephone transmissions
- Maintain composure and control of the situation while enduring verbal and mental abuse when confronted with the hostile views and opinions of people encountered in an antagonistic environment
- Conduct visual surveillance for extended periods of time. Observe, recall, and distinguish characteristics of persons, suspects, automobiles, location, property, etc. to include colors, shapes, sizes, height, weight, abnormalities, changes or differences since last observed, and other distinguishing characteristics
- Perform TSA screening of passengers boarding outbound jet aircraft
- Willingness to perform others duties as required
- Willingness to work at various posts or locations as required
- Safely operate large passenger buses with airbrakes, pickup trucks, vans, or other assigned vehicles in remote settings and in hazardous road conditions caused by factors such as rain, snow, sleet, ice, fog, smoke, and dirt roads
- Drive long distances in often changing climate conditions transporting passengers, patrolling are of responsibility, surveillance of well pads and pipeline, and performing other tasks as assigned
- Transport personnel to and from various destinations as requested
- Fill out daily vehicle maintenance checklist and perform daily preventative maintenance checks
- Keep the interior of the vehicle clean including windows
- Keep the exterior of the vehicle washed or rinsed off as weather and conditions require
- May lift luggage, freight and personal belongings to and from vehicles
- May assist passengers in and out of the vehicle
- As first responder, perform rescue functions at accidents, emergencies and disasters to include administering emergency medical aid, lifting, dragging and carrying people away from dangerous situations and securing and evacuating people from particular areas as well as directing traffic for long periods of time.
- Assist other emergency responders in emergency treatment situations
- Transport patients and emergency responders
- Monitor communications equipment and maintain contact with co-workers
- Remove or assist in removing victims from the scene of catastrophes
- Support the existing medical facility as directed by Security Captain
- Commitment to Excellence: Identifies what needs to be completed and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
- Corporate Values: Understand, embraces, and integrates DUS corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security: Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
- Customer Service: Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Teamwork: Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Adaptability: Adapts to changing conditions and work assignments, sets priorities and manages multiple assignments, and tasks.
- Analytical Skills: Visualizes, articulates and solves a variety of problems and concepts and makes appropriate decisions based on available information
- Communication Skills: Listens, writes, and speaks effectively, and positively relates and interacts with co-workers and others
- Conflict Resolution: Prevents, manages, and/or resolves conflict
- Independence: Works with little or no supervision
- Problem Solving: Anticipates and identifies problems, distinguishes between symptoms and causes, and determines alternative solutions involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk
Full-time regular employees have the opportunity to enroll in health insurance, life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short term disability insurance. Full-time regular employees are provided access to our employee assistance program.
The employee will be required to live and work in a remote and confined workspace for extended periods of time and exposure to work assignments consisting of twelve-hour days and able to work day or night shifts as required. The majority of the work is performed in a remote setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
The employee’s work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items. There may be a lack of immediate access to critical medical services as well as urban community services.
It is DUS’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
DUS is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.