Scheduler Job Lenax Construction Services Angelesby admin on more than 30 days
Lenax Construction Services Recruitment 2020Description :
POTENTIAL FUTURE OPPORTUNITY - LENAX is always accepting applications from qualified applicants for upcoming openings. By completing the application process, your qualifications will be evaluated for positions as they become available, and you will be contacted if being considered for a new opportunity Please be aware,THIS IS A LOS ANGELES BASED POSITION (LENAX does not pay for relocation or travel expenses for interviews).
Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. (LENAX) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including airports, transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
LENAX is looking for a Scheduler. The Scheduler reports to the Scheduling Lead. The successful candidate will have proven experience scheduling complex, multi-phase, multi-million dollar design and construction projects. Job duties include, but are not limited to, preparing detailed schedules, review of contractor schedules, and review TIA s. The Scheduler is the liaison between the Project Managers, Program Controls Manager and team—communicating project schedule analysis and reports.
Key Identifiers – Key, candidate qualifications that would predict success in the performance of essential job duties, include the following:
- Four (4) year Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or any related field, is preferred.
- Minimum, 5 (five) years scheduling experience, with three-to-five (3-5) years, in direct support of an active construction project—preferably airport civil and vertical work.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects, including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
- Demonstrated experience with Primavera P6, Version 8.3 or higher, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat are required.
Essential Job Duties - The Senior Scheduler s duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction and renovation work, as required. These schedules may incorporate several scenarios used to finalize construction sequencing and contracting plans.
- Develop micro-phasing schedules as required to coordinate particularly challenging work phases; and helps coordinate the various parties to completion.
- Develop and analyze man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
- Prepare detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams.
- Monitor project progress against an established baseline using shadow schedules.
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the project management team.
- Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review.
- Review third-party design and/or construction schedules and provide written comments.
- Participate with third-party schedulers to address the comments.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments.
- Responsible for promptly reporting schedule slippage, other unsatisfactory performance or other variances.
- Possess master schedule system and project interface and integration understanding and appreciation for time frames necessary for large scale construction projects.
- Contribute to the advancement of the project development group's goals through commitment to productive collaboration with all stakeholders.
Job Qualifications - To effectively perform the essential functions of the job, candidates must meet the following position specifications:
- A Four (4) year degree in Construction Management, Engineering or any related field, preferred.
- A combination of education and experience on mega-projects or programs is preferred, and may be used to offset possession of a 4-year degree.
- Must have a minimum five (5) years' scheduling experience with three-to-five (3 – 5) years in direct support of an active construction project, preferably airport civil and vertical work, public works civil flatwork construction projects (such as roadway), airport taxiways, runways or public utility construction.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated construction effort.
- Experience with various delivery methods, such as Design-Bid-Build (DBB), Design-Build (DB), and Construction Management at Risk (CMAR), is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
- Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
- Capability to assume additional responsibilities, as may be required.
- Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment.
- Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
Hardware/Software Knowledge & Experience
- Demonstrated experience with Primavera P6 Version 8.3 or higher is required.
- Experience with Primavera Risk Analysis is preferred.
- Experience with large-scale construction management type software such as Prolog is desirable.
- Microsoft Office Suite required. Advanced Excel skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Prolog and other Project Management Systems is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat is required.
- Experience with PowerBI or other Business Analytics software is a plus.
- May be required to assume other duties, as needed;
- May work overtime
- May be required to work various shifts, as needed.
Note: If not otherwise included in your resume, a Project List will be required for all those selected to move forward in the process. Ideally, to include: Employer, Client, Project Name, $$ Value, years-worked-on; or, if multiple projects, the nature of those, range of values, and perhaps some projects of note!
* * *LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package * * *
LENAX is Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Lenax Construction Services on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
- All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not interested in Scheduler Angeles July 2020 Lenax Construction Services above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Angeles below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.