Patient Services Associate PRI Adult Inpatient Unit Job UAMS Medical Center Little Rockby admin on more than 30 days
UAMS Medical Center Jobs 2020 - UAMS Medical Center require the candidates to fill Patient Services Associate PRI Adult Inpatient Unit that will be placed in Little Rock.
UAMS Medical Center Recruitment 2020Description :
Schedule: Full-Time, Day Shift w/ Occasional Weekends
The Patient Services Associate (PSA) is a specifically trained member of the unit based care team who provides both clerical and patient care support to the PRI Adult Inpatient Unit team. This position will split time between adult and women's units. Those patients might have exacerbations of previously diagnosed problems such as depression, bipolar disorder, schizo-effective disorder and schizophrenia, among others. We also assess first onset psychiatric disorders and admit patients who are experiencing suicidal or homicidal thoughts, hallucinations and delusions. Many of these patients are also treated for substance abuse, which can complicate, or at times, mimic a mental illness. Those patients might also have a physical diagnosis that warrants continued hospitalization.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary offered commensurate with experience Responsibilities: The PSA works under the direct supervision of the Clinical Services Manager (CSM) and under the direction of the RN; performs tasks and duties for which they possess the competency that do not require a licensed practitioner. In the clerical support role, duties include assisting with processing of medical records for patient admission and discharge and receptionist for the nursing unit.
- Acquires initial and ongoing competencies for clinical care and clerical components
- Assists the care team in providing efficient, effective patient care
- Demonstrates competency in obtaining, maintaining and using equipment necessary for patient care and clerical support
- Documents care given according to standards
- Uses appropriate written and verbal communication
- Respects patient’s privacy and confidentiality
- Takes a proactive approach towards assisting patients, visitors and other staff
- Adheres to departmental attendance standards and responds to unit staffing needs
- Adheres to UAMS safety plan
- Complies with safety instructions and observes safe work practices
- Provides input on safety issues
- May be exposed to cleaning agents, blood and body fluids. May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases
- Adheres to UAMS Code of Conduct
- Adheres to Clinical Programs and PRI Departmental policies and dress code standards
- Works effectively with team/work groups to fulfill UAMS mission
- Should be familiar with, and able to access the online policies from PRI, UAMS and Nursing Service
- Participates in ongoing hospital performance assessment and process improvement
- Participates in continuing education, professional/ institutional advancement opportunities
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED Plus 1 year Patient Care in a health care setting.
- Successful completion of the UAMS PCT and PSC courses within probationary period (90 days).
- Excellent communication skills, basic computer skills, strong work ethics and accountability.
- 2 or more years of Patient Care in a health care setting.
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background [and registry check and drug screen. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence.Physical Requirements: Stand: Frequently
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Frequently
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 5199 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Never
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Frequently
Physical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment
Noise Level: Loud
Visual Requirements: Color discrimination, Depth perception, Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
Hazards: Biological, Sharp objects/tools
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through UAMS Medical Center system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.