WRAPPING TRAINEE Job Gold Medal Bakery Fall River
Gold Medal Bakery Job Vacancies 2020Description :
12 hour shifts
Must be available to work weekends and holidays. No Exceptions!
This entry level position is a learner position, and as such trains on a variety of machines in the Wrapping Department in order to secure a permanent position on a particular machine. The Trainee can be utilized to replace wrapping employees throughout the department as assigned by supervision for periods of time to allow for absences, while always keeping finished product orderly and sanitary, and paying particular attention to maintaining highest degree of food quality and personal and food safety.
- Responsible for preventing injury due to improper or unsafe operation of equipment and following lock-out/tag-out procedures as well as all company safety programs and procedures.
- Maintains a high state of safety awareness:
o Observes proper lifting technique.
o Pays special attention when walking or climbing stairways.
o Is alert to movement of materials, condition of walking surface and other people in order to prevent possible collision or accidents.
- Is at all times cognizant of personal and food safety. Follows all personal safety rules. If any food safety or quality problem (or potential problem) arises, elevates to Supervisor immediately or in a timely fashion, depending on severity of problem
- Fills in for other positions as assigned by supervision.
- Adjusts equipment as necessary to insure product is being packaged to quality specs and standards. Checks equipment for proper operation and absence of foreign material. Checks all equipment and work area to insure quality standards and compliance is guaranteed.
- Records the necessary production data to document conditions and events. Insures all BRC standards are in compliance.
- Notifies supervision immediately if any change in the production schedule is noticed or if an error has been made.
- Notifies supervision of any irregularities which occur during production, and equipment problems or safety hazards
- Trains/retrains as required by company training guidelines (i.e. annual GMPT)
- Keeps equipment and area of assigned work clean and neat at all times. Assists other employees when possible.
- During periods of unworked time or downtime, performs work as assigned by Supervisor.
- Notifies Supervision of any equipment problems or safety hazards.
- Does not change job procedures without authorization from Supervision.
- Performs all other related assignments and training of other employees as required by Supervision.
Preparation and Training
Work requires a high school level of knowledge of several subjects in order to read, write and speak English and to perform arithmetic calculations, record data, prepare reports, keep records and/or deal effectively with other people.
Machine operation experience preferred.
Some analytical ability is required. Analysis is necessary to determine and make adjustments when needed in order to provide a quality product.
Independent Judgment And Consequence Of Errors
Independent judgment is often required. Some direct guidance is received from supervision and/or established procedures or instructions. The impact of errors would result in significant cost in time, money or quality product.
Contact With Others
Limited contact with people outside the company. Must have the ability to work in a team environment and communicate with other employees and supervision.
Work of Others
May have some responsibility for guiding the work of others, as assigned.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
- All application will kept strictly confidential.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not interested in WRAPPING WRAPPING TRAINEE Fall River July 2020 Gold Medal Bakery above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Fall River below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.