Registered Nurse (RN) ICU Job UT Health East Texas Tylerby admin on more than 30 days
UT Health East Texas Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Details:Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas Why UT HealthEast Texas? Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other. Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare. Our Place. Tyler, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here. Representing the very best in healthcare, is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
- Coordinates and administers care to a unit specific patient population utilizing a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to ensure that each patient receives nursing care appropriate to his/her illness or condition. Provides clinical supervision to the clinical, professional, and auxiliary staff to ensure the continuous delivery of quality patient care. Works cooperatively with appropriate medical staff to ensure accomplishment of hospital and departmental goals. Manages departmental activities in accordance with hospital and departmental policy and ensures that care is delivered consistent with physician’s orders and treatment protocols. Oversees the implementation of a plan of care appropriate to each patient’s needs.
- Maximizes the effectiveness of nursing staff on the assigned shift by ensuring that patient care assignments are made in accordance with established standards and are appropriate to each patient’s nursing care needs.
- Serves as a resource nurse for staff and makes accurate decisions in complex and dynamic clinical situations.
- Demonstrates and maintains clinical skills proficiency in all required unit specific nursing skills including the use of equipment. Assists in the orientation, training, and evaluation of the nursing unit’s personnel.
- Evaluates the patient's progress toward desired outcomes and assists the patient and family in preparing for discharge.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and educational activities including attendance of at least 85% of the unit's staff meetings (10 out of 12) or other assigned meetings
- Completes daily departmental check-list and makes assignments.
- Makes consistent and routine rounds on the unit assigned each shift talking with patients and patient's family ensuring that their needs/concerns have been addressed.
- Makes routine rounds on the assigned unit to develop and maintain communication with staff addressing their needs or concerns for their shift.
- Ensures that all work areas are clean and free of food, drinks, and trash.
- Ensures that all equipment is maintained and available in the department.
- Assists the Nurse Educators in maintaining staff competencies.
- Assists the Management Team in tasks that may be assigned to them.
- Supervises Clinical/Nursing staff assigned to his/her shift.
- Degree as a Registered Nurse from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Two years of inpatient/acute care nursing experience preferred.
- One year of charge nurse experience preferred.
- Current Texas RN license required
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of employment required
- Advanced Certification as applicable to the unit/department assigned (preferred within one year of accepting charge nurse position)
For further information, please refer official source from UT Health East Texas on following link below. To find out where you fit in, please visit :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.