Sr Packaging Engineer Job Merck KGaA Danvers
Merck KGaA Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Your Role: The Senior Packaging Engineer is responsible for the development, validation, and implementation of innovative sterile barrier packaging solutions for Mobius Single Use products. These products are used in pharmaceutical bioprocessing and include a variety of highly differentiated configurations and sizes. This is a unique and challenging opportunity for someone that is willing to step up and showcase their skills, innovation, and ingenuity by developing creative packaging solutions for a diverse and rapidly expanding product line.
The ideal candidate will view this role as a partnership with the hiring manager, the engineering leadership team, and the members of the Product Engineering Team. Not deterred by confrontation, but flexible and open to new ideas, tools, and the ability to work in a high paced and ever-changing work environment. Highly adaptable, a problem solver, innovator, and strong advocate for achieving strategic initiatives. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop & implement a packaging strategy for the Mobius Single Use product line taking into consideration manufacturing, customer use and expectations
- Develop tools and materials required to implement predicting packaging
- Collaborate with R&D to develop packaging solutions for new products in the early stages of development
- Be the key resource for packaging technical expertise for the product line and provide guidance to ensure packaging systems comply with internal and external customer and quality requirements
- Collaborate with Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Quality, R&D, Product Management, and Sales to identify and implement opportunities to resolve challenges associated with the packaging of custom products
- Develop and author Risk Assessments, User Requirement Specifications, Standard Operating Procedures, Validation Protocols/Reports, Purchase Specifications, and Customer Summary Reports
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience, MS with 2+
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or similarly related engineering field
- Packaging Engineering experience in the design, development, and implementation of sterile packaging (including new materials and processes), preferably in pharmaceutical or medical device packaging
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills working with suppliers and other intercompany departments
- Experience with ASTM and ISTA standards regarding sterile packaging development and transit simulation/ship testing
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Strong program/project management skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering
- 3+ years of Packaging Engineering experience in the design, development, and implementation of sterile packaging (including new materials and processes), preferably in pharmaceutical or medical device packaging
- SolidWorks experience
- GMP knowledge
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Merck KGaA system at :
- Application will be treated strictly confidential .
- Only short listed candidates will be notified.
If you are not interested in Sr Packaging Engineer Danvers July 2020 Merck KGaA above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Danvers below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.