Retail Cashier/Processor Job Goodwill Industries Brookingsby admin on October 13, 2020
Goodwill Industries Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Would you like to be a part of an organization that changes people's lives?
Goodwill Industries is hiring! We are looking to fill a few Full-Time Cashier/Processor positions at our Brookings Retail Store. We are interested in an individual that has related experience to provide our retail store with essential register operations, excellent customer service, and to assist with sales floor functions, as needed.
- Perform register-opening procedures, including verifying register start fund.
- Perform opening tasks, including cleaning glass cases, cleaning counters, straightening cash register areas, and stocking the cash register area with supplies.
- Accurately perform all register functions.
- Perform register-closing duties, including accurately counting down register, counting deposits, and processing the supporting detail paperwork. Ensure register tills and deposits are properly secured.
- Collect cash, or charge payments from customers and make change.
- Provide receipts to customers.
- Pack customer purchases in bags or cartons.
- Assist with customer service in other areas.
- Remove articles from dressing rooms and return to appropriate area.
- Pull and stock merchandise as directed.
- Answer phones and make store announcements.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms, the employee is required to walk and talk and/or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift 10-25 pounds and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ensures that quality customer service is provided to all customers, donors and employees. Answers customer’s questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
If you have relevant experience under your belt and want to join the Goodwill family please forward your resume through Indeed or complete an application at our retail store location on 890 Chetco Ave.This position may include working nights, weekends and holidays. Goodwill offers comprehensive benefit packages, including: vacation, sick time, holiday pay and optional retirement plan. Applicants MUST pass a pre-employment drug test (including THC) and background check.
Goodwill Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $11.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- retail: 1 year (Preferred)
- Every other week
- Store Manager
- Assistant Manager
- Shift Lead
- Operate all aspects of the register, including cash and card transactions, scanners, and scales
- Maintain an accurate cash drawer, ensuring that all transactions are accounted for by the end of the shift
- Maintain a clean work environment, keeping register clear for incoming customers
- Other duties as requested
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through Goodwill Industries system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.