Maintenance Technician 2nd Shift Job Illinois Tool Works Inc Olatheby admin on more than 30 days
Illinois Tool Works Inc. Job Vacancies 2020Description :
- Ensure manual and automatic equipment and structures are working properly and safely for sustaining uninterrupted production in designated department.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance on equipment, including preventive maintenance tasks.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning equipment as needed.
- Design modifications to equipment if necessary.
- Order parts as needed. Follow expense reporting procedures.
- Maintain clean, safe and orderly work area, including machine shop.
- Perform maintenance on facility as needed.
- Able to obtain and maintain mobile equipment driving certification.
- Assist with requirements to maintain facility security.
- Perform inspections of facility and equipment as needed or required.
- Create and / or maintain a preventive maintenance plan for designated department.
- Work with outside contractors as needed.
- Have knowledge and adhere to OSHA, EPA, DOT, FDA, Company regulations and other regulations as required.
- Train and educate personnel to perform light maintenance of equipment in designated department.
- Assist with the installation of equipment as needed.
- Communicate daily and throughout the day with all impacted parties regarding status of work being performed.
- Assist other Maintenance Technicians assigned to other departments as needed.
- Respond to spills as part of the Spill Response Team. When needed, assist with first aid responses as a member of the First Aid Team.
- Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Core Skills / Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Advanced education and/or certifications preferred.
- Minimum 5 years solid mechanical working experience of manual and automatic converting equipment for the manufacturing of woven and non-woven products, batching equipment, conveyor systems, filling machines and packaging machines.
- Able to operate and have experience working with basic machine shop tools and equipment, including but not limited to, welders, lathes, saws, drill presses, and milling machines.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Working experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and logic systems is essential.
- Experience with maintenance of HVAC, ventilations systems and boiler rooms a plus.
- Able to diagnose and correct equipment issues either individually or in collaboration with other technicians or service professionals.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT, FDA and other government regulations.
- Strong mathematical aptitude to perform the duties of the job.
- Possess good manual dexterity and visual acuity to perform the duties of the role.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Availability to be on-call for after hour emergencies if necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage relationships across varying customer functions and levels. Be collaborative and able to function in a team environment. Effective interpersonal skills are essential.
- Able to be a self-starter, able to self-motivate and work independently. Acts with a sense of urgency to drive results; is goal oriented. Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and willing to take initiative.
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Able to adapt to changes in the work environment; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Is creative and intuitive. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Possesses a sense of self awareness in dealing with others.
- Proficient time management and prioritization skills. Organized in managing tasks and responsibilities.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions as related to the job.
- Able to understand manufacturing processes / procedures and product applications.
Additional Information Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.