Site And Safety Officer - Groton CT Job CW Resourcesby admin on more than 30 days
CW Resources Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Site Safety and Health Officer
Mark Center, VA
The Site Safety and Health Officer/Trainer (SSHOT) is responsible for safety oversight for the Mark Center and to implement the company's Safety Program and government accepted Accident Prevention Plan.
- Reports to the Project Manager and ensures safety. Maintaining these responsibilities will help to ensure the health, safety and security of the public
- Implements and maintains company safety policies adhering to local, state and federal environmental health and safety regulations
- Conduct periodic reviews to ensure employees are following government approved Safety Plan, and proper handling of hazardous, undiluted cleaning materials
- Conduct Activity Hazard Analysis to ensure company policies and procedures are up to date
- Conduct training and retraining as necessary to ensure the safety of the employee and customer
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and updating environmental policy and procedure manuals
- Ensures compliance with all environmental health and safety regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within janitorial field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Interaction with employees with a wide range of skills and disabilities
- Bachelor's Degree with appropriate certifications
- 5 Years on project(s) over 1million square feet.
- Must have taken 30 Hour OSHA Training course or equivalent within the past 24 months.
- Certification: EM 385-1-1
- Strong commitment to high level service and safety standards
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, develop and lead teams
- Ability to plan, organize, direct and delegate
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong sense of urgency; self-directed
- Experience managing custodial operations in a government environment
- Training courses such as: Hazardous Chemical in general industry, OSHA 511, National Safety Council's Blood Borne and Airborne Pathogens, First Aid, CPR, and AEI, and Principles of Occupational Safety and Health (POSH.)
- Team building
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Effective verbal, written, and listening communications skills
- Computers-Excel and Word
- Time management skills
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Multi-tasking and presentation skills
- Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change
- Honesty and trustworthiness
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Sound work ethics
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Adhere to all local, state and federal safety and environmental codes, ordinances, standards and laws
- Adhere to all company and government required safety plans, policies, practices and standards
- Be aware of and follow all safety rules of the work sites
- Report any unsafe conditions or accidents to Project Manager
- Practice standard precautions (formerly universal precautions) at all times
- Participate in mandatory or available safety training
The Site Safety and Health Officer position is not a physically demanding position. While preforming the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The incumbent is frequently required to use to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The incumbent must spend the entire time at work standing and walking. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment can vary.
Must submit to background check prior to hire and ongoing as dictated by contract. Must be able to pass criminal and drug screening processes to meet current contract eligibility requirements that apply.
, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. , Inc. actively solicits applications from minorities, veterans, women and persons with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations will be made if needed.
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.