CCDS Decontamination Technicians - Kennesaw GA Job Battelleby admin on April 22, 2020
Battelle Job Vacancies 2020Description :
is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. ’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Following Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), started operating the CCDS Critical Care Decontamination SystemTM at our West Jefferson, Ohio campus to decontaminate personal protection equipment (PPE), specifically N95 masks, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We’ve deployed systems to the New York City area and Tacoma, Washington, and will continue to build and deploy additional systems as rapidly as possible.
One of the requirements of the FDA EUA is that each CCDS be operated by employees. As additional systems are deployed with a 24/7 operating schedule, there is an immediate need for employees to operate these essential systems.
Technicians must be willing to travel to any CCDS site in any state. Travel is paid for by . Technicians must pass a physical, drug screen, and background check.
The basic operation of the system includes:
- Receiving the contaminated PPE from hospitals (double-bagged and contained in a rigid box)
- Donning PPE and transporting the boxes to the decontamination chamber
- Tracking inventory of PPE
- Placing PPE into the decontamination chamber on racks
- Removing PPE from the chamber after it is exposed to hydrogen peroxide vapor and aerated, tagging, documenting, and packaging it for delivery back to the hospital
With each CCDS operating 24/7 for potentially months on end, we anticipate a need of at least 2,300 for 100 sites (23 staff per site). Assignments will last four weeks, with possible opportunities to re-engage for additional commitments. We are anticipating a surge over the next two months.
This will be a non-exempt position, with a base hourly rate of $20.00 per hour. There will be opportunities for overtime and shift differential.
THE FOLLOWING IS REQUIRED
- Ability to follow a standardized process; system operation including the packing and unpacking of PPE to be processed; inventory tracking
- Must have at least a High School Diploma or GED
- Physical capability to work a full day in PPE performing active physical labor
- Ability to pass a Medical Clearance & Drug Screen
- Ability to adhere to and wear PPE as required: PAPR (Powered Air Purifying Respirator), Scrubs, Gloves, Shoe Covers, Aprons. Must be clean-shaven if required to wear an N95 mask.
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts for 21 days.
- Must be willing to travel to any site location as designated by
- Air Purifying Respirator (WBT ESHQ_HS-100S_WBT) (1 hr)
- PAPR Video (WBT ESHQ_HS-338_WBT) (0.25 hr)
- BloodBourne Pathogens (WBT ESHQ_EP-200) (1 hr)
- Personal Protective Equipment (WBT ESHQ_BCO-0017) (0.25 hr)
- Hazard Communication (WBT ESHQ_BCO-0014) (0.5 hr)
- Fire Extinguisher Awareness (WBT ESHQ_HS-141) (0.75 hrs)
- DOT Hazmat Shipping Training – Infectious Waste, Li-Ion Batteries (1.5 hrs)
- Review of SARS-CoV-2 fact sheet (FACT-100) (Signature Only)
Onsite training will be provided on how to operate and set up the system at the site.
TIME AND TRAVEL
All travel expenses will be paid per ’s normal travel policy.
This is a full-time commitment. The work is anticipated to ramp up starting in April and remain full-time for the duration of the need to decon PPE for health care workers.
Thank you to all of you who have already graciously stepped up to this opportunity and thank you in advance to those who will accept this assignment to help our heroic health care providers.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities, and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit unless special written permission is granted by 's Legal Department.
For more detail information, please refer official source from Battelle on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.