Health Educator II Job Inland Empire Plans Rancho Cucamongaby admin on more than 30 days
Inland Empire Health Plans Jobs 2020Description :
The Health Educator II assists in the strategic development and growth of IEHP Member Health Education programs and services. Focuses on the alignment of resources for holistic health and wellness and enhances the Member experience by successfully identifying and prioritizing strategies to meet the populations’ needs across the continuum of care. Must possess strong knowledge or experience around regulatory and accreditation requirements as it pertains to the managed care plan.
This position is responsible for monitoring the effectiveness of Health Education programs to ensure that programs are evidence-based and meets literacy and cultural needs of population health. In addition, the Health Educator II will partner with other internal IEHP departments as well as external stakeholders to ensure that Health Education program strategies are robust and effective. Supports the overall delivery of quality care for our Members and ensures that programs and services strive to meet the disparity in the communities we serve. Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
1. Identify opportunities, develop, and manage train-the-trainer education programs to facilitate across various target audiences to strategically engage Members in the community, including but not limited to, internal Team Members, community health workers, teachers, other community partners, lay community members, or students. Manage quality assurances in program delivery as well as develop a system to track and report the reach of Member data.
2. In collaboration with the team, monitors the compliance of Health Education programs, with respect to regulatory and accreditation requirements. Also monitors health education programs’ effectiveness and develop an overall evaluation strategy and plan that is dynamic; examines factors such as social determinants of health, claims data, access to health education, and Member satisfaction.
3. Maintains competency to teach health education programs across multiple target audiences within the strategy of the department and supports overall targeted population successes. May have ad hoc responsibility for developing health education materials and curricula as mandated by regulatory agencies or other IEHP departments.
4. In collaboration with leadership team, monitors budget of programs and ensures all health promotion program items, member incentives, and materials are in alignment with population program goals. Supports tracking of member incentives for regulatory requirements.
5. Identifies opportunities to create synergistic alignment with other IEHP departments to support Member Health Education needs. Participate and leads strategic initiatives to promote Health Education programs in partnership with other IEHP departments to ensure seamlessness of the Member experience along the population health continuum. Serves as liaison to related population health strategies.
6. Develops a robust annual Health Education program calendar that corresponds with the needs of the Members to increase access, and enhances Member experience (such as access to other Community Resource Center programs, other Health Education programs, or community resources)
7. Develops and implements strategies leveraging technology to increase Member reach and health promotional messaging in our Member population. Using data analytics, build appropriate and meaningful health promotion teaching tools to meet regional needs of Member populations such as (but not limited to) virtual classroom, podcasts, webcasts, and social media.
8. Manages strategic vendors or partners that deliver services for our Members and provides an annual evaluation for program effectiveness.
9. Oversee and assist in daily operations and processes for assigned Health Education programs. Maintains knowledge around regulatory and accreditation requirements within the scope of Health Education. Supervisory Responsibilities Leading: Self Experience Qualifications
7+ years of experience in health education, program planning, monitoring, evaluation, and policy development. Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams and workgroup is a must. Possess lean thinking to drive innovation in projects. Experience in writing reports, managing projects, creating low-literacy education materials, and in developing health education programs for patients or the community. Preferred Experience
Experience preferably in a healthcare of managed care setting. Project management experience is a plus. Education Qualifications
Master’s degree in Public Health, in Health Education, or in a related field equivalent to public health or health promotion experience from an accredited institution required. Preferred Education Professional Certification
Attainment of Masters Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES) is required.
Project management certification is a plus. Professional Licenses Drivers License Required Yes, must have a valid California Driver's license and valid automobile insurance. Must qualify and maintain driving record to drive company vehicles based on IEHP insurance standards of no more than three (3) points. Knowledge Requirement
Possess a broad set of health education experience such as in chronic condition management/prevention, nutrition, behavioral health, and knowledge working across the lifecycle. Skills Requirement
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to flex this knowledge to apply to training and education to other clinical staff, or providers. Must have ability to facilitate meetings from small to large multi-disciplinary groups. A strong presence in public speaking, and ability to demonstrate negotiation and advocacy skills. Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in program planning, development, and evaluation. Abilities Requirement
Must be able to work in a collaborative environment and adapt style accordingly. Must have ability to demonstrate conflict resolution, and effective communication skills. Commitment to Team Culture
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and effective working relationships that include elements of respect and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside of our organization. Working Conditions
Position requires travel to community sites within Inland Empire 20-25% of the time. Physical Requirements Keyboarding: 10-Key - FREQUENTLY Keyboarding: Touch-Screen - FREQUENTLY Keyboarding: Traditional - FREQUENTLY Hearing: One-on-One - FREQUENTLY Communicate: Information/ideas verbally - FREQUENTLY Near Visual Acuity - FREQUENTLY Sitting - CONSTANTLY Indoors - FREQUENTLY Lighting - CONSTANTLY Regular contacts: co-workers, supervisor - FREQUENTLY Memory - FREQUENTLY Understand and follow direction - FREQUENTLY Regular and reliable attendance - CONSTANTLY
Starting Salary: $75,290.00 - $95,990.00
Pay rate will commensurate with experience
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region. With a provider network of more than 6,000 and a team of more than 2,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.2 million members. And our mission and core values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and Make a Difference with us! IEHP offers a Competitive salary and a benefit package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and retirement plan.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
- Application will be treated strictly confidential .
- Only short-listed candidates will receive responses.
If you are not interested in Health Educator II Rancho Cucamonga August 2020 Inland Empire Health Plans above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Rancho Cucamonga below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.