Employment Specialist Job Community Options For Residential Devils Lakeby admin on November 2, 2020
Community Options For Residential Recruitment 2020Description :
$1000 Sign On Bonus!!
Assist customers in finding & retaining competitive employment consistent with their vocational goals. Engage customers to establish trust & collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment in community settings. Provide on/offsite job coaching support, conduct job shadowing, on/offsite assessments, and assist clients with career exploration & development.
General Purpose: Assist customers with career development and planning, financial literacy and overcoming barriers to self-sufficiency.
- Assist customers to achieve personal goals and advocate for their rights
- Develop employment/education plans with customers to assist in achieving goals and objectives
- Conduct initial and ongoing vocational assessments
- Conduct vocational skills workshops and facilitate groups including but not limited to: resume building, work-appropriate attire, interviewing, etc.
- Assist customers in career planning and development by using local labor market information
- Provide vocational coaching for customers including on/off-site job supports
- Develop relationships and job opportunities in the community with employers, local partners and other organizations to support customers' needs
- Assist with other customer and/ or office needs when team members are absent
- Work collaboratively with members of the team to ensure customers' needs are met
- Complete documentation requirements daily or as directed by company policies and procedures
- Know, understand, implement, and adhere to all Community Options, Inc. policies and procedures
- Related duties as assigned to include, but not limited to, completion of job responsibilities identified for other team member positions, as directed
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Associates' degree in human services, vocational rehabilitation, social work or a related field; additional work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Two (2) years of work experience in related field
- Completion of Career Development Facilitator (CDF) training with ND Department of Career and Technical Education (NDCTE), as directed
- Strong communication, customer service, organizational, and networking skills
- Proficient computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office 365
- Valid driver's license, acceptable driving record, reliable transportation, and proof of insurance for the vehicle subject to the statute of the licensing state will be required based on assigned job duties
Other Skills and Experience:
- Team player and knowledge of community resources
- Maintain a professional manner at all times with customers and in the community when representing the company
- Reporting to this position: None
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in an office or community setting. Assigned work shifts will vary depending on the customers' or company needs; employee must be flexible to work mornings, afternoons, evenings, overnights, holidays, and weekends at one or more locations as determined by the customers.
If you feel that you can meet the qualification and up to the challenge, please send directly through :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.