Hospitality Aide Job Carmel Hills Nursing amp Rehab Independenceby admin on November 28, 2020
Carmel Hills Nursing & Rehab Jobs 2020Description :
Come be part of the family! With six locations across Missouri, we have a team that will be a perfect fit for you.
Job Title: Uncertified Assistive Personnel (UAP) “Aide Assistants”, “Hospitality Aides”, “Bedmakers”, “Resident Relations Aides”, “Happy Helpers”, “Valets”, “Utility Aides”, “Healthcare Partners”, “Comfort Aides”
Reports to: Charge Nurse
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: TECHNICAL
Organizing Resident Room, Closet and Bedside Stand
- Organizing room appropriately to enable residents and staff to move about safely.
- Organizing resident closets to ensure the items are in the correct closet, labeled and are stored properly.
- Organizing bedside stand to ensure items are separated appropriately, labeled as needed and available to resident. Replacing missing or worn items such as toothpaste, brush, comb, personal items, etc.
- Stocking rooms with appropriate healthcare items such as gloves, gowns, disposable diapers and pads, etc.
- Distributing resident’s laundry. Socialization Activities
- Visiting with resident.
- Providing companionship and engaging in socialization activities with residents (reading, writing letter, setting up tapes, taking books)
- Distributing personal mail.
- Conversing with residents to provide encouragement and a social atmosphere for eating and drinking fluids. Assistance with Meal Service
- Transporting trays to dining area when nursing staff is ready to assist with meal. Trays will be distributed to residents by nursing staff (licensed nurse will have verified that the diet being served is as prescribed.)
- Providing bibs and napkins to protect residents’ clothing and cloths at end of meal to wash face and hands.
- Performing basic meal set ups as directed by nursing staff (i.e., opening containers, pouring beverages, placing food/utensils within residents’ reach.)
- Obtaining any missing or substitute food items, utensils or adaptive equipment as directed by nursing staff.
- Removing trays after nursing staff has observed and documented percentage of meal consumed.
- Cleaning dining room. Passing Fluids and Snacks At the direction of nursing staff the UAP may perform the following tasks with training on placement of items to meet resident needs and limitations:
- Passing water pitchers
- Delivering beverages and snacks
- Pouring beverages. The UAP may not perform these tasks for residents who require assistance with feeding or drinking or require modified food texture or beverage consistency (i.e., thickened liquids). Making Unoccupied Beds
- Making and cleaning unoccupied beds using appropriate protocols.
- Disposing and safe handling of soiled linen using appropriate infection control procedures. Transporting Residents
- Pushing residents in wheelchairs or geri-chairs once nursing staff have properly prepared the resident for transport. (Only nursing staff shall transfer resident from bed or chair, position resident in chair, apply postural support, restraints or make wheelchair adjustments.)
- Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior and speech.
- Adheres to Company standards for resolving consumer concerns.
- Ensures that all patient/resident rights are protected.
Health, vision, dental and other elective benefits
Regular employee appreciation events
COME JOIN OUR GROWING TEAM !
810 E Walnut St, Independence, MO 64050, USA
For further information, please refer official source from Carmel Hills Nursing & Rehab Career Center on following link below. If you meet the requirement and are interested in building a future career with Carmel Hills Nursing & Rehab, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.