Registered Nurse – Fourth Avenue Jail Job Maricopa County AZ Phoenixby admin on June 1, 2020
Maricopa County, AZ Recruitment 2020Description :
About the Position
The Maricopa County Correctional Health Services Department is seeking enthusiastic nurses to join our team!
New Nurse Grad? No problem! Experienced Nurse? Fantastic!
Our amazing Nursing staff is an integral part of fulfilling our mission of providing medically necessary, evidence-based, integrated health care to patients going through the judicial system. Our Nurses are engaged, lifelong learners who believe in a culture of collaboration, communication, and a team approach to quality patient care. This is a unique environment for learning and implementing a diverse set of nursing skills.
This recruitment will be used to fill multiple positions at 201 S. 4th Ave, Phoenix, AZ. We work 40 hours per week with many available shifts: Days 7:00 am7:00 pm Mid shift 10:00 am10:00 pm Nights 6:30 pm6:30 am
Click here to see what working at Maricopa County Correctional Health Services is all about.
About The Correctional Health Services Department
It's time for you to utilize and perfect your talents.
Correctional Health Services (CHS) is an industry-leading healthcare organization for the incarcerated population. Our department's culture promotes collaboration, continuous training, and flexibility. We challenge our team to spearhead initiatives, break down barriers, and advance their expertise.
Apply now to work with a dynamic group of diversely talented professionals. Position Qualifications
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- A valid unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse issued by the Arizona State Board of Nursing (or issued by another state recognized by the Arizona Board of Nursing as a multi-compact license state) with no current, pending, or prior disciplinary actions on nursing license.
- Compact licenses will be accepted for the interview process.
- A valid Arizona nursing license is required upon hire.
- BLS/CPR/First Aid certification training is provided during new hire orientation.
- Must successfully complete an MCSO-HR fingerprint/background check.
Our Preferred Candidate has
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a registered nurse in Medical/Surgical, ER or Urgent care and in a Psychiatric setting.
- Provides assessments and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Monitors patients' progress as appropriate and evaluates outcomes. Performs standard nursing procedures appropriate to patient needs.
- Completes and processes all required documentation including plans and discharge planning in a comprehensive, objective, and legible manner. Provides health-related education to patients as appropriate to patient needs.
- Administers medication and addresses other pharmacological needs as protocol dictates and performs basic intravenous and phlebotomy skills as required.
- Participates in orientation and training of new employees, contract staff, students, and others needed.
- Functions as a unit charge nurse as required.
- Maintains current BLS (CPR) certification.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement process.
- Organizes and maintains a clean, work environment in accordance with infection control standards.
Must be able to work inside a jail. Must be able to respond to a man down (emergency situation). Must be able to get on the floor and perform CPR chest compressions. Must be able to walk up to 7 miles in a 12 hours shift. Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to the midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Maricopa County, AZ on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.