General Manager Job Alward Construction Company Berkeleyby admin on more than 30 days
Alward Construction Company Recruitment 2020Description :
Alward Construction is seeking a General Manager that has comprehensive Residential Construction knowledge and 10+ years of high-end Residential Construction experience in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We are an established and growing Residential General Contractor located in Berkeley, Ca. We work directly with high-end Architects and Clients and pride ourselves on providing professional construction services with honesty, integrity, and high moral and ethical standards.
- 10 + years of Residential Construction experience
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written). Must be able to communicate with Clients, Architects, Engineers, Co-Workers, and Subcontractors in a kind, respectful and effective manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work well collaboratively.
- Excellent leadership skills. Position is responsible for managing and mentoring all Project Managers, Site Supervisors, and Field Staff.
- Understands the importance of planning and brings strong knowledge of construction scheduling and sequencing.
- Comfortable with responsibility and accountability.
- Comfortable using and implementing new technology. Competent in MS Office, Excel, MS Project and construction accounting software.
- Familiar with construction documentation and processes (Drawings, CD’s, ASI’s, SK’s, RFP’s, RFI’s, submittals, budgets, quotes, requests for change orders, contract change orders, subcontract CO’s etc.).
- Strong knowledge of construction estimating and budgeting.
- Familiarity with the 16 CSI divisions and cost codes.
- Strong knowledge of construction means and methods, and local building codes.
- Understands and is familiar with the different contract types (Lump sum, GMP, T&M, etc.) and knows when and how to use each of them.
- Competent in project job costing
- Competent in developing and implementing systems and procedures
The General Manager is responsible for handling all production related issues, formulating thoughtful solutions, providing necessary management direction and oversight, and formulating appropriate correspondence each day. The ability to effectively solve problems in a proactive, kind and professional manner is a primary function of this role. The General Manager is responsible for making sure each staff member is on task and functioning at a high level. This position is responsible for the continued development and improvement of operating systems and procedures so that operations are streamlined to improve efficiency and increase profitability. Overseeing the production schedule, the project specific schedules, and the daily labor schedule are the responsibility of the General Manager. These functions, along with continued mentoring of staff and the development of new staff as the company grows, are critical components of this position.
- Conduct periodic jobsite visits to check on quality, progress, and to ensure that client expectations are being met.
- Hold morning meetings with staff and provide leadership, training, and motivation.
- Hold weekly production meetings
- Report important developments and/or issues to executive management team.
- Collaborate with Sales and Estimating to help evaluate and secure new projects.
- Make sure all projects are operating safely (OSHA Compliant) and are following all regulations and ordinances (RRP Rule, Green Halo, etc.) The General Manager is in charge of the safety programs and will conduct periodic site safety audits in conjunction with the Project Manager’s and Site Supervisors and will follow up on any site incidents to ensure procedures or practices are modified to prevent recurrence.
- Schedule and participate in Job Close Out meetings at the end of all jobs.
- BA/BS or higher preferred
- General Contractor’s license preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $150,000.00 per year
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- Construction: 10 years (Preferred)
- general manager: 5 years (Preferred)
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.