Medical Assistant (CMA) - Full Time + Part Job Primecare Inc Eaglevilleby admin on more than 30 days
Primecare Medical Inc. Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Correctional healthcare provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for medical professionals today. In correctional healthcare, employees are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical skills on a day-to-day basis. It's similar to working in an emergency room or clinic.
Each day is both challenging and rewarding. Our employees are involved in healthcare emergencies, physical health assessments, initial screenings, medication distribution, nurse sick call, and chronic care clinics. They will also provide assistance to physicians, psychiatrists and dentists.
PCM is dedicated to our employees and we will provide the knowledge and training to administer premier healthcare in the correctional environment.
Now is the time to join the exciting and challenging world of Correctional healthcare!
PrimeCare Medical, Inc. is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working Certified Medical Assistants (CMA) to work in the medical department at the Montgomery County Correctional Facility located in Eagleville, PA. We currently have full-time openings working on the night shift and part-time openings working across multiple shifts. The ideal Medical Assistant should be upbeat and maintain a pleasant working attitude when dealing with staff and patients.
The Medical Assistant will be responsible for a variety of daily tasks and duties including performing the initial intake screening on new receptions, taking vital signs and completing all appropriate intake forms per written protocol. In addition, the Medical Assistant will also be responsible for preparing and maintaining examination and treatment areas for the facility.
Other responsibilities for the Medical Assistant will include:
- Phoning verification of medications and medical information.
- Obtaining lab specimens as ordered by the physician (to include Venipunctures).
- Performing various treatments ordered by a Physician.
- Maintaining medication records.
- Administering tuberculin skin testing on new intakes and on annual follow-ups due on all inmates/patients.
- Typing of various reports, letters and memoranda.
- Answering telephone and process calls.
- Maintaining filing system and confidentiality of information at all times.
- Following universal precautions at all times.
- Maintaining pleasant working attitude.
- Any/all other duties and responsibilities as assigned or delegated
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and benefits package to their employees. Standard benefits for full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability options, Generous PTO, 401k with match, and a flexible spending account.
This is a fast-paced position, and as such, we must have someone who has the ability to multitask and has a good grasp of patient assessment skills. In addition, the CMA must also bring some clerical experience and ability to type to the position in order to be considered.
Other requirements include:
· Currently hold a Medical Assistant Certification.
· Effective communication skills.
· Pleasant telephone manner.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
· Working knowledge of office equipment and medical equipment.
· Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.