Community Advocate amp Volunteers - Ministry Job The Human Impact Dallasby admin on more than 30 days
The Human Impact Recruitment 2020Description :
Our Mission & Motivation
The Human Impact exists to befriend the homeless and bridge the relationship gap to change lives. We follow Jesus to “His poor” (Mother Teresa). We see God using His power to defend the cause of the vulnerable, marginalized, and oppressed. We want to join Him in this work-using our resources, network, and gifts to care for those He loves.
You are the face of The Human Impact to those on the streets, developing relationships to restore dignity, developing individual plans of restoration, introducing advocates who can guide and mentor others, and leading and mentoring interns. You are seen as an advocate to lift those on the street to a better life. You are a person of integrity and initiative, you are true to your word, and you are there for others. You love people of diverse origins, nationalities, and race. You make plans to help others succeed and you work those plans in faith of a better future for those you support. You are flexible and modify plans and structure when someone we support is in need. You are comfortable in the gray, understanding that our primary role is to love, even when those we love remain homeless. You are on the streets at least three times a week and you are committed to people as they transition off the streets (the formerly-homeless) and continue to walk alongside them with the team. You assist and engage volunteers into meaningful service to our friends.
- Engage and care for volunteer base and cultivate street outreach volunteer engagement through weekly communications & regular thanks
- Work with homeless on the streets daily
- Source, communicate & track “Meet The Need” requests to team & advocacy group through web-based communications
- Coordinate the intern program(s)
- Operational responsibilities, such as office administration, volunteer care & training, web updates
- Provide homeless coordination and support on a daily basis, as needed
- Attend weekly homeless care meetings; create, lead and support different homeless care plans
- Attend weekly group meetings and meet individually with those who are formerly-homeless
- Personal self-care, weekly and quarterly
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Previous community volunteer work with homeless and or marginalized.
- Experience recruiting, organizing and engaging volunteers, highly desired.
- Strategic thinker, exhibiting skill in reading people, and maintaining firm boundaries.
- Experience in either addiction recovery or supporting those in addiction recovery. Prioritize “doing your own work,” either through working the 12 Steps, counseling, a combination of the two, or by another demonstrable means.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong conflict mediation / resolution skills
- Demonstrate an ability to table emotions in the interest of caring for others.
- Project management skills; demonstrable track record of taking initiative and responsibility, meeting commitments, being a self-starter and goal-oriented;
- Demonstrating leadership and maturity with those who seek guidance.
Please email a cover letter and resume, & write “Community Advocate (Volunteers)” in subject line:
Cover Letter-Tell us why this is the job for you
Your resume in .txt, .doc, or .pdf format
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Parental Leave
- Day shift
- Working with Homeless: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.