Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) Job Urban Strategies LLC Puerto Ricoby admin on September 17, 2020
Urban Strategies LLC Jobs 2020Description :
Contract Type: Contract Labor
Program: Healthy Start Puerto Rico
Urban Strategies tools, connects, and resources grassroots organizations to serve children and families in need. Our highly qualified team has a passionate commitment to bring about real change within our country’s most vulnerable communities.
The purpose of the Healthy Start program is to improve health outcomes before, during, and after pregnancy, and reduce racial/ethnic differences in rates of infant death and adverse perinatal outcomes. This program is funded to Urban Strategies by The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Urban Strategies, in partnership with Third Mission Institute from the University Albizu, serves women, infants, and families of the Center-South Corridor in Puerto Rico, which includes Ciales, Jayuya, Ponce, Juana Díaz, Santa Isabel, Salinas, Guayama, and Arroyo. The service has a holistic approach that integrates prenatal care, Doula services, lactation orientation, mental health, parenting fundamentals, and fatherhood initiatives.
The Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) will be responsible for the coordination, facilitation, and direct care of clinical services for our program participants.
- Function in a supportive way to pregnancy process in the program across service areas.
- Educate patients on health, nutrition and family planning in the pregnancy process
- Collect and maintain all health documentation and prepare required reports for the organization
- Counsel expectant mothers on birthing plans, including hospital care, birthing centers, and other options
- Educate patients on health, nutrition, and family planning
- Provide emotional care for mothers during birth
- Arrange prenatal planning and care for mothers
- Prepare for birthing by following all health and safety standards
- Coach mother through the birthing process
- Provide care for mothers and newborns after birth
- Weigh and measure newborns
- Monitor the patient’s vital signs and heart rate during birth
- Provide health care and wellness care to women (including family planning, gynecological checkups, and prenatal care).
- Help mothers birth their babies safely and naturally (including help patients manage their labor and monitor both the moms and babies during the delivery to ensure safety).
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing / Clinical Health or MaternalChild advance practice health professional (Nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, physician assistants)
- Experience: One- or Two-years’ experience working in a clinical area, maternal child health practice, and coordination of services.
- Professional: Communication, Interpersonal Relations, Self-Management;
- Technical: Maternal Child Health, HIPAA;
- Organizational: Leadership, Teamwork, Community Service.
- Advance knowledge of MS Office Suite, Bilingual (English and Spanish)
- Ability to communicate well and clearly with a diverse range of women
- Caring and calm manner for dealing with emotional situations
- Ability to react quickly and effectively in times of stress or when immediate decisions need to be made during labor.
- Ability to provide Remote Service
- Strong teamworking skills to liaise with different medical professionals
- Commitment to equal treatment for all women, irrespective of their background or circumstances.
Other: Certification, license and/or local collegiate.
Employment is conditional pending satisfactory results of all required tests and background checks mentioned above.
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Urban Strategies LLC website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.