Material Handler Job American Packaging Corporation Rochesterby admin on more than 30 days
American Packaging Corporation Jobs 2020Description :
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate in training, embrace concepts of and actively practice the STOP Safety Program fundamentals to aid ’s efforts to achieve a zero-accident rate.
- Safely operate all fork trucks (ride-on, scissor lift, and walk behind).
- Service manufacturing machines with proper raw materials (film, boxes, adhesives, glue, paper, etc.)
- Remove (from the production floor) wrap and store all finished goods utilizing pallet location information.
- Stage outbound shipments in an organized manner utilizing release information.
- Communicate regularly with fellow S/R employees.
- Load and unload freight as it arrives & leaves the facility.
- Recharge and maintain all electric batteries on fork trucks.
- Accurately complete all monthly cycle counts.
- Receive material using AS400 system and make labels when requested.
- Organize and stack all unused pallets.
- Maintain a neat and orderly S/R work area.
- Adhere to all company safety guidelines.
- Able to work all scheduled shifts and assigned overtime.
- Attend and participate in all company mandated meetings.
- Business travel may be required.
- Any other assigned duties.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED, previous manufacturing experience preferred, but not necessary, and acceptable prior work history
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute percentages and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Candidate must possess/exhibit the following skills/abilities:
- Absenteeism: at work every day on time
- Accuracy: uncompromised
- Communication Skills: technical information, internal/external customers, all levels of employees
- Conflict Resolution
- Detail: attention to
- Fork truck license
- Mechanical aptitude
- Organizational skills
- Shift work
- Work as a team member/ with all employees and demonstrate independence
- Tools: hand, tape measure/ruler
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb and balance. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Anything needing to be lifted that exceeds this poundage should be moved with the help of another individual or by using a mechanical aid. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, distance and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles (works in an environment where solvent based inks are used). The employee frequently works in high, precarious places, and is exposed to electrical shock (only authorized maintenance personnel are allowed access to electrical cabinets). The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Hearing protection is mandated. Safety glasses and steel toed shoes with anti-static discharge soles are required.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from American Packaging Corporation on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.