Human Resource Consultant 1 – COVID-19 Project 2 Positions (DOH5031) Job State of Washington Dept Health Tumwaterby admin on more than 30 days
State of Washington Dept. of Health Vacancies 2020 - State of Washington Dept. of Health invite a new official to fill Human Resource Consultant 1 – COVID-19 Project – 2 Positions (DOH5031) that will be placed in Tumwater.
State of Washington Dept. of Health Jobs 2020Description :
Apply early! Applicant review begins August 7, 2020. This recruitment will remain open until filled. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision or close this recruitment at any time.
These Human Resource Consultants support the mission of the Department of Health’s COVID-19 response by providing Human Resource support to the agency’s Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) grant with the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) by performing first-level professional human resource assignments in the areas of classification, compensation, and benefits. These positions serve as the main Human Resource Management System (HRMS) technical experts and support for the agency, complying with the WAC, CBA and various policies. These positions directly support programs agency-wide by carrying out assignments, processing actions, and communication policies and procedures with a customer service attitude.
There are two (2) full-time, project Human Resource Consultant 1 (HRC 1) positions in the COVID-19 Project. These project positions are expected to be funded through October 31, 2022.
The duty station for these positions is Tumwater, WA. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, telework (mobile-work) is currently expected. Incumbents must have internet access and connectivity. When approved to return, the incumbents are expected to report to the duty station for work activities.
Important Note: Pursuant to the Governor’s Directive, 20-08, this position will be subject to one furlough day per month beginning August 1, 2020, through November 30, 2020.
About the Department of Health
Washington State Department of Health (DOH) works with federal, state, tribal, and local partners to help people in Washington stay healthy and safe. Our programs and services help prevent illness and injury, promote healthy places to live and work, provide education to help people make good health decisions, and ensure our state is prepared for emergencies.
Benefits of Working for DOH
Washington is America's Top State according to U.S. News (2019) and provides one of the most competitive benefits packages in the nation.
Tumwater is a vibrant city just south of Olympia, the state’s capital, with a small-town feel conveniently situated between Seattle and Portland. Tumwater enjoys the benefits of an engaged and educated community and a well-supported school system, with two universities and a community college within a ten-mile radius.
- A healthy life/work balance by offering flexible schedules and telework options for many positions.
- Growth and development opportunities.
- A wellness program that offers education, access to healthy food, and fitness classes.
- Opportunities to serve your community through meaningful work.
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion by fostering an inclusive environment that encourages all employees to bring their authentic selves to work.
- An Infant at Work Program that is based on the long-term health values of breastfeeding newborns and infant-parent bonding.
- A modernized workplace.
- Complete personnel actions and maintains data in HRMS, such as new hires, employee separations, increase/decrease of work hours, leave of absence, and all appointment changes. Reviews position descriptions and PAR forms in order to process establishment of new positions, reallocated positions, changes in FTE percentage, and all organization changes within the agency. Ensure accuracy of data as it relates to the position (i.e., job title, salary range, etc.).
- Run monthly and semi-monthly reports: Monitoring of Tasks, PIDs, various HRMS reports to complete assigned duties (i.e., completing verifications of employment).
- Review Employment Offer Recommendations from the division HRCs for accuracy for hiring actions in order to prepare and send employment offer letters. Apply knowledge or HR policies, WACs and CBAs to determine and correct any errors before sending official offer letters.
- Review and approve Employment Offer Recommendations for non-permanent and on-call appointments and ensure the hiring process complies with applicable CBAs, and agency policies/procedures. Monitor these appointments and notify hiring supervisor near the end of the appointment to ensure separation or extension paperwork is received. Draft job announcement when recruitment is required.
- In the absence of program HRCs, provide program support in the areas of recruitment and hiring and working on various projects that come up. Conduct exit interviews.
What we’re looking for
Our ideal candidates are innovative and thoughtful professionals who view the world and everyone in it through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion. They have the personal courage, tenacity, and humility to hold themselves and others responsible for embodying our purpose and values.
The successful candidates are team players, defined as having a driving passion for the work, bringing humility to their job and people interactions, and understanding how their words and actions impact others.
- Six (6) or more months of experience working in a Human Resources Office where a major job function was to process personnel/payroll actions in the ’s Human Resource Management System (HRMS).
- Six (6) or more months of experience working in a Human Resources (HR) Office interpreting, explaining, and applying HR rules, policies, and Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBAs).
- Intermediate-level experience using MS Word and MS Excel.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you. Click "Apply" to submit your detailed application profile along with the following:
- A letter of interest, describing why you are interested in Human Resources and specifically why you are interested in this position.
- A current resume.
- Three (3) or more professional references, to be included in your profile. Please include at least one supervisor, peer, and (if you have supervised staff) a subordinate.
Important Note: Do not attach documents that contain private information (social security number, date of birth, transcripts, etc.) or documents that are password protected. These documents will not be reviewed and may cause errors within your application when downloaded. Veterans, please feel free to attach a copy of your redacted DD214.
The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) is an equal opportunity employer. DOH strives to create a working environment that is inclusive and respectful. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of our workforce.
Conditions of Employment/Working Conditions
With or without an accommodation, I am willing and able to:
- The duty station for these positions is Tumwater, WA. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, telework (mobile-work) is currently expected. Incumbents must have internet access and connectivity. When approved to return, the incumbents are expected to report to the duty station for work activities.
- Work schedule is 40 hours per week. Flex schedules may be considered with approval from supervisor.
- Due to potential high volume or work, these positions may occasionally be required to work on weekends or outside of the normal working hours and beyond 40 hours per week in order to meet critical deadlines or in case of an emergency.
- Occasionally local travel may be required to attend meetings/training.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information accessed or discussed in performing the work of this position.
If you have questions, need alternative formats or other assistance please contact Cher Williams at (360) 236-4545, [email protected], or TDD Relay at 1-800-833-6384 or 711 (Washington Relay). Technical support is provided by NEOGOV, 855-524-5627 (can’t log in, password or email issues, error messages).
SUBSCRIBE to DOH Job Alerts Supplemental Information
Only applicants who follow the directions and complete the Application Process in-full will have their responses reviewed for consideration.
Education and experience selected, listed and/or detailed in the Supplemental Questions must be verifiable on the detailed applicant profile submitted.
This recruitment may be used to fill other positions of the same job classification within the office.
For more detail information, please refer official source from State of Washington Dept. of Health on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.