Mentor Job Selfhelp Yorkby admin on November 4, 2020
Selfhelp Recruitment 2020Description :
Position Summary: Serves as a resource to home care workers trained by by assisting in resolving problems such as child care, transportation and housing challenges in an effort to remove barriers for employment optimization. Provides advocacy, remediation and translation to support both home care workers and coordinators.
- Provide early intervention through mentoring, counseling, advising and support to new paraprofessionals in the early stages of employment.
- Assist with training orientation with new recruits.
- Provide constructive and appropriate counsel and feedback to trainees and home care workers requiring mentorship.
- Monitor new recruits throughout training and employment.
- Serve as liaison between the home care worker and their home care team to assist the aide in identifying and overcoming obstacles early in their tenure.
- Serve in a liaison role to facilitate communication between limited English-speaking trainees/aides and English-speaking office staff and departments.
- Provide support and guidance in a wide range of work-readiness, communication, problem solving and clinical skills, including drawing on personal experiences.
- Collaborate with HR to identify inactive home care workers.
- Provide counseling for self-exploration, problem identification, goal setting, growth and advancement.
- Make quality visits to workers at job site as assigned.
- Identify, partner with and maintain a list of resources in the community and make guided referrals based on individual needs.
- Assist in the collection and entry of data for various program reports as it relates to successfully trained and employed home care workers.
- Provide mentorship support to the multiple training sites throughout the boroughs of NYC.
- Support coordinators in case placement of newly hired aides as needed.
- Identify opportunities for meaningful aide engagement.
- Participate in utilizing digital channels of communications such as Facebook.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
- HS Diploma/GED preferred; experience accepted as substitute
- 2-5 years of experience as a home health aide
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills
- Knowledge of home care concepts, practices and procedures for home care programs
- Ability to provide counseling and mentorship.
For more detail information about the program, please refer official source from Selfhelp on following link below. If you meet these requirements, please register yourself at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.