EMT - Paramedic NEW WAGES Job CEMS Ohio Centervilleby admin on more than 30 days
CEMS Ohio Recruitment 2020Description :
FULL TIME, REGULARLY SCHEDULED EMPLOYEES, CAN EARN $2 MORE PER HOUR.General Summary:
Under general supervision, and in accordance with Medical Control Board’s policy, procedure and protocol, performs specific tasks required for the effective and efficient care of patients in a pre-hospital setting and/or intra-facility transfers. Exhibits courteous and professional behavior while interacting with co-workers, patients, families, health care professionals, and public safety personnel. Promotes and maintains a smooth working relationship between management and employees. Operates and maintains company equipment in a safe and professional manner. While actual responsibilities may vary, the following are typical of the duties that would be performed.
Basic EMT Responsibilities:
- Performs pre-hospital duties in compliance with all state EMS rules and regulations, license appropriate.
- Transports sick and/or injured patients to or between appropriate medical facilities and/or residence.
- Actively participates in the safe delivery of patient care and maintains a safe environment for all patients.
- Responds professionally and promptly to instructions from a variety of sources, such as, dispatchers and supervisors.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients, employees, corporate records, and patient records in accordance with current HIPAA guidelines.
- Safely operates and assists in the maintenance of company owned vehicles as required.
- Performs daily vehicle maintenance check and cleans both the inside and outside of assigned unit on a daily basis.
- Replenishes medical equipment and supplies as needed.
- Monitors and properly operates all communications equipment to ensure efficient, constant, and appropriate contact with the communications department.
- Responds to all requests for service in an optimal manner and the priority of response when directed by the dispatcher.
- Works expediently to ensure availability of resources in order to maximize utilization and productivity.
- Demonstrates flexibility, as patient needs change and the ability to communicate the need for additional assistance when necessary.Assesses the nature and extent of patients’ injuries or illness and establish treatment consistent with state licensure and protocols.
- Produces accurate, legible, and complete documentation on all runs.
- Administers medical treatment in a caring and compassionate manner thus promoting positive public relations for our company and the EMS profession.
- Is receptive to medical control facilities’ judgment regarding treatment of patients and follows their judgment.
- Be able to communicate all pertinent patient information to medical personnel directly involved with patient care in compliance with local protocols and in accordance with State Department of Public Services and HIPAA Guidelines.
- Abide by our company-wide current Bloodborne Pathogen Plan.
- May assist in various duties including but not limited to:
- Controlling crowds
- Protecting valuables
- Assisting medical personnel in emergencies at medical facilities by initiating BLS procedures as defined by the State Department of Public Services and under the direction of a physician
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward internal and external customers and co-workers.
- Adheres to department customer service and performance standards.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the Organization’s core values through active involvement in the performance improvement process.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors, and participates in organizational and departmental safety programs.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Provides appropriate patient care as defined by local protocols and the State Department of Public Services Guidelines including but not limited to endotracheal intubation and intravenous cannulation while assisting the attending paramedic with patient care.
- May attend on intra-facility transfers at the BLS level per local protocols.
- Must drive for ALL ALS transports unless municipal personnel are available to drive and assistance is required with patient care during transport.
- May assist with ALS procedures within the scope of their licensure as defined by ODPH and local protocols
- Restock, reassemble, clean, and decontaminate the equipment and vehicle after every transport. Exception to this responsibility exist only when the Specialists attends during patient transport.
- Drive or attend as defined above and as dictated by local protocols and State Department of Public ServicesGuidelines.
- Perform all advanced procedures required during treatment and transport unless assisted by a licensed Intermediate EMT or Advanced EMT.
- Minimum Education: Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent. Where applicable and as required must maintain Continuing Education.
- Contact With Others: Co-workers, clients, patients and families, medical personnel. Must be able to write, read and speak English fluently.
- Analytical Demands: Must be able to think and act calmly and quickly in emergency situations.
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: Licensed as an EMT-B, EMT-S, or EMT-P by the State Division of Emergency Medical Services and maintained in good standing. Must possess a current American Heart Association CPR certification and maintain in good standing. EMT-P employees must also posses a current American Heart Association ACLS certification, maintained in good standing. Must possess a valid State Driver's License (in the State you are applying in), and be eligible for driving privileges based on current company policies and procedures.
- Physical Effort: Physical demands including lifting, climbing, pushing, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching, and otherwise maneuvering heavy patients, with stretchers and equipment (at least 250 pounds). Must pass a employment lift test.
- Work Environment: Works outdoors, in weather common to the region, on a regular basis. Exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue.
The above primary job duties and responsibilities describe the level and nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. The description should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities performed by this job.
If your qualification is matched with the requirement above, please submit your online application directly through CEMS Ohio system at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.