Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Job Saban Community Clinic Angelesby admin on June 22, 2020
Saban Community Clinic Recruitment 2020Description :
The was founded on the principle that healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Our clinics provide Whole Person Care to everyone regardless of income or immigration status. This includes medical, behavioral health and dental care.
For over 50 years, we have been redefining community health through a systemic approach that creates a lasting impact on individual lives and creates healthier communities.
is seeking a registered Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who provides comprehensive psychiatric and physical health services, health screenings and provides crisis intervention to the acutely mentally ill in an outpatient setting. to work with clinical staff to coordinate care and assist in treatment plans for clients; and to perform related work.
THIS POSITION IN PART TIME.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates and determines clients’ need for medications; furnishes under ’s (SCC) written standardized procedures and protocols with the supervision of a SCC Psychiatrist, and administers medications as necessary. Monitors medication compliance and response to medication.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations and admission history and physicals.
- Provides mental health and physical health assessments for patients referred through SCC’s Primary Care or CYC
- Participate as an active member of treatment team that reviews, discusses and determines the course of treatment for clients. In this capacity, provides consultation and guidance for treatment planning.
- Assesses the psychiatric needs and medical conditions that may impact psychiatric conditions for patients
- Requests necessary laboratory work for clients on special medications that require frequent monitoring of levels in the blood stream to guard against toxicity, (2) as appropriate for health screening and follow up care.
- Provides crisis intervention and supportive counseling as needed.
- Attends team meetings and serves as clinical resource for unlicensed staff, such as Patient Navigator or Case Manager.
1. Two years of clinical practice treating individuals with mental and physical illness with strong emphasis working with the chronic mentally ill and co-occurring disorders.
2. A license to practice as a Registered Nurse and a certificate with:
- A Master’s degree in Nursing from an NLN accredited college or university with a specialty in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing and completion of an approved Adult, Child or Family Nurse Practitioner Program; OR
- Completion of an approved Master’s level Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program; OR
- Completion of a Master’s level Nurse Practitioner’s program with a post-Master’s specialty certificate in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing; OR
- Completion of an approved Master’s level Family /Adult Nurse Practitioner Program with 3 years of experience working with mental health patients; OR Completion of a certified Nurse Practitioner program (pursuant to CCR 1481)
3. Completion of a State of California Board of Registered Nursing approved pharmacology course.
4. Certification as a Family or Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC) from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) is strongly preferred.
Come be a part of our team and make a difference in our patients' lives!Qualifications
If you strong confindence you meet the requirement above, please register and sign in to Saban Community Clinic e-recruitment website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.