Garden Build Manager Landscaper Job Green Our Planet Vegasby admin on May 4, 2020
Green Our Planet Recruitment 2020Description :
(Note: If you are interested in applying, please include a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position. Thank you!)
Garden Build Manager-Landscaper
Job Type: Full-time (Mon-Fri)
Salary: $35,000-$45,000 a year depending on experience
Vacation: 6 weeks paid vacation
Green Our Planet is a local, Las Vegas-based nonprofit organization that runs the largest and one of the most comprehensive school garden programs in the U.S. We are a relatively small nonprofit with approx 30 full-time employees. Our program’s goals are to improve education, conservation, health, and nutrition in PreK-12th grade CCSD schools by installing outdoor gardens at schools and then providing a curriculum, programming and teacher training so that classes can be taught outside a traditional classroom.
A typical school garden consists of 6, 8'x4' raised (Windsor) brick beds and irrigated by tapping into the school's water supply, installing separate valves and a battery-operated timer so that the garden beds and fruit trees can be watered independently from the school's irrigation system.
We are looking for an individual who is interested in making a direct, beneficial impact in the community by building both school and residential gardens. We've already built more than 180 gardens in the Las Vegas area but there are hundreds more to go! Previous landscape experience is a must as is a knowledge of (PVC and dripline) irrigation. Ideally, the candidate will have already passed the technical portion of a C-10 landscaping exam for Nevada that qualifies the individual as "trade qualified" in basic landscaping.
This is a great opportunity to make a positive impact on the Las Vegas community. Applicant must be personable, enjoy working with small groups, be organized, be able to multi-task, and be a good problem solver.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (*Including but not limited to)
- Supervise the construction of school and residential gardens across the Las Vegas Valley.
- Supervise the installation of the irrigation aspect of the gardens
- Supervise the building of the brick garden beds.
- Interface with the appropriate members of the Clark County School District (Operations Managers, Irrigation Supervisors, Principals and teachers)
- Make the initial visits to interested schools or residences to help select the best location for the garden based on availability of water, availability of natural sunlight, slope of land, etc.
- Ability to work occasionally a Tues through Saturday work schedule, five days a week, although the norm is M-F.
- Supervise the planting of 5-gallon fruit trees
- Supervise a small team of laborers who will help with the garden installations
- Purchase and transport, or arrange the delivery of the necessary materials that go into the garden construction project.
- Keep and maintain records of all purchases and maintain records of work accomplished.
- Interface with the support staff at Green Our Planet to make sure that adequate records are kept, supplies are ordered, etc.
- At least 4 years' experience in landscaping is a must.
- Management experience is a must
- If applicant has already taken and passed the technical portion of a NV State contractor's C-10 landscaping license to qualify as a "trade qualifier" that is a definite plus and will guarantee a higher salary.
- Applicant must be punctual, highly organized, and reliable.
- Applicant must be able to effectively train (as necessary) and supervise a small team of laborers who will assist in the garden builds.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, five days a week
- Ability to lay out a basic pvc irrigation scheme, including the supervision of trenching necessary to install it.
- Ability to install valves and timers and connect to other water supplies.
- Ability to sketch out on the ground and supervise the installation of a typical garden of 6, 8'x4'x1' Windsor block garden beds and/or residential garden beds.
- Ability to supervise the installation of dripline irrigation for the garden beds.
- Ability to supervise the successful planting of 8-10, 5-gallon fruit trees at each school, plus hook up the necessary irrigation to water them.
- Ability to communicate well with the rest of the Green Our Planet team
- Ability to maintain organized records of purchases.
- Ability to multi-task and be a good problem solver.
Summary: This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in making a positive impact on the Las Vegas community in terms of improving education, nutrition, and conservation while working for a very dynamic and innovative non-profit. For more information, please visit www.greenourplanet.org
To watch a short video on a recent garden build, please visit:
A definite plus to this job is that all employees receive 6 weeks of paid vacation!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
Personal Health Insurance: covered by Green Our Planet
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- landscaping/building: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Required)
- C10 Contractors License (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
For more detail information, please refer official source from Green Our Planet on following link below :
- Only qualified candidates that meet with the above requirements would be processed in this recruitment.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you are not interested in Garden Build Manager Landscaper Vegas July 2020 Green Our Planet above, you can try to find your job by read related jobs from another company in Vegas below.
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.