Hydro Utility Worker - GC (IBEW) Burney CA Job Pacific Gas And Electric Companyby admin on more than 30 days
Pacific Gas And Electric Company Recruitment 2020Description :
Requisition ID # 61402
Job Category : Maintenance / Construction / Operations
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: Power Generation
Job Location : Burney
Power Generation's, Project Execution Group is responsible for providing project management, major engineering designs and construction services for 's hydro power generation facilities. Our mission is to complete projects safely, on time, within budget and also to support Operations & Maintenance with troubleshooting and emergency response. ( operates the largest privately-owned hydroelectric system in the nation).
The Construction Department provides a diverse and flexible workforce to safely construct, maintain and inspect all of 's Hydro Electric system.
Within Hydro Construction there are three major work groups:
1. CivilMade up of Working Foremen, Carpenters, Heavy Equipment Operators Water System Repairmen and Welders
2. Electrical & Mechanical (E&M)Sub Foremen, Electricians, Apprentice Electricians, Station Mechanics and Welders
3. Test Group – Technical Crew Lead, Electrical Technicians and Apprentice Electrical Technicians
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at . This job is subject to collective bargaining.
We are looking for individuals with basic experience or training in any or all of the following: electrical and/or mechanical work, carpentry, equipment operations, welding work, general construction knowledge and/or physical labor work experience. Duties will vary, but could include operation of hand and power tools, assisting apprentice electricians, journeyman electricians and station mechanics, pulling cable, working with large rotating equipment and loading and unloading material/equipment. Utility Worker-GC could also assist journeyman carpenters, welders and heavy equipment operators with the following duties: digging trenches, tying rebar, grinding, concrete pours, brushing (trim trees and bushes) for access, jackhammer operation, drilling, loading and unloading material/equipment and various construction maintenance type activities. The work areas for Hydro Construction encompass the California Foothills and Sierra Nevada Mountain areas. The Utility Worker-GC works in variety of environments including remote locations, elevated heights, confined spaces and around bodies of water. Workers may be exposed to poison oak, snakes, spiders, bees, mosquitoes, ticks and rodents.
The Utility Worker- GC is a General Construction position and individuals must be able to travel and transfer to a new headquarters upon request at any time; throughout the entire service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home.
- Dig trenches and holes in an ergonomically safe manner
- Load and unload equipment, material, job site debris and maintain housekeeping according to ’s safety standards and procedures
- Perform construction work in powerhouses and switch yards throughout the service territory.
- Use and maintain various hand and power tools and equipment
- Follow the direction of their journeyman and/or supervisor at all times
- Must be able to read and comply with all required company standards and procedures
- Must work in a team environment
- Must work safely at all times as defined by ’s safety standards and procedures
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class C California Driver's License (or higher) by Day 1 of hire
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays, and various work schedules
- Ability to travel and transfer to a new headquarter upon request at any time; throughout the entire service territory with no guarantees as to how long you will be away from home
- Ability to work in remote work locations with possible exposure to poison oak, snakes, spiders, bees, mosquitoes, ticks and rodents
- Must be able to maneuver on steep and/or uneven terrain
- Ability to work around high voltage, energized and/or large mechanical rotating equipment
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds over mountainous terrain, dams, canals and/or up stairways and ladders
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Must be able to work in a confined space and in elevated areas
- Must be able to perform work tasks from ladders, platforms, metal grating, scaffolds and/or ropes
- Must be able to work with and/or around bodies of water
- Must be able to work with and/or around helicopters
- 2+ years’ experience with electrical type work such as wiring or working with electricity, or carpentry experience such as utility/road construction, remodeling houses, irrigation, working on a ranch or farm with equipment or military, or experience with heavy equipment operation
- Demonstrated welding experience
- Demonstrated experience with basic hand and power tools used in the commercial construction industry
- Demonstrated experience with mechanical type work such as installation, fabrication, cabling, and/or assembly of equipment or machinery
- Graduate from the Bridge to Utility Worker PowerPathway® Program
- Butte Community College Student
- Live within 50 miles of headquarters
Employees: You must have qualified on all prerequisite tests prior to submitting an application; and all secondary tests prior to interviewing. For more information on prerequisite and secondary exams, including study guides, please visit the Pre-employment testing program website.
- Physical Test Battery
- Work Orientation Inventory-Physical/Technical Driving
- Post-Offer Physical Assessment
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Pacific Gas And Electric Company website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.