IT Help Desk Specialist/B3 Associate Job B3 Group Inc Frederickby admin on more than 30 days
B3 Group Inc Recruitment 2020Description :
, a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) specializing in health IT and PMO support for the federal government, is looking for an IT Help Desk Specialist to support a federal client in Frederick, MD. This role will be responsible for Tier 1 and Tier 2 technical support and resolution of Help Desk generated tickets for over 3,500 onsite users. The duties include all services related to the imaging of equipment (e.g. Windows desktops and laptops), troubleshooting and repair, software installations, hardware and peripheral replacements, Operating System (OS) upgrades, Active Directory updates, and use of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). Must work onsite in Frederick, MD.
Key functions include:
- Create/Maintain computer tickets for all Help Desk calls, using ServiceNow service desk software
- Triage tickets and adhere to Tier 1 and Tier 2 Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Verify user identity, create temporary passwords, and reset passwords (VistA/Network).
- Provide assistance with user account access using VistA electronic signature codes.
- Perform delegated functions in Active Directory including creation of accounts, management of security rights and global distribution memberships for more than 3,000 staff members assigned at facility.
- Issue pagers and batteries for pagers, phones, and headsets for phones/workstations to users.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity.
- Perform desktop and laptop troubleshooting to include problems affecting hardware and software.
- Install/uninstall software for desktops and laptops.
- Deploy network printers, maintain functionality and manage the print server.
- Relocate or install new user equipment due to moves, office renovation, or construction and conduct IT equipment inventories and update associated databases.
- Accurately report completed trouble-tickets into ServiceNow software.
A B3 Associate will analyze, validate, specify, and verify requirements defined by project leads. They will gain knowledge to be able to gather the appropriate data that will be used to plan, analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of programs. A B3 Associate will be flexible to take on tasks necessary to provide value to the customer and team. A B3 Associate will demonstrate pro-activeness, an eagerness to learn, good attitude, and collaboration.
To be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or a minimum of 8 years’ equivalent work experience, required.
- At least 1-3 years of help desk experience is preferred. Previous VA or other federal experience preferred.
- Possess the ability to quickly respond to end user requests for assistance when existing manuals, knowledge bases and scripted responses are not sufficient to meet user needs.
- Must be able to interact with customers professionally and diagnose problems to lead customers through the necessary steps to correct their issues.
- Candidates must possess strong communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- Excellent customer skills are a must as well as strong aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Ability to adapt well to diverse environments and work collaboratively in a dynamic team setting.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize work.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust government clearance.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and/or other federal organizations.
- Recent CompTIA and/or Microsoft certifications preferred.
Successful B3 Group employees will display the following characteristics:
- You strive to be an expert in your field currently and in the future.
- You take care in learning your customer’s business and drivers in order to ensure solutions meet not only technical needs, but also support their mission properly in a way that meeting their client's mission.
- You like to make your client look good.
- You find solutions, where others only see problems.
- You are proactive, you make and meet commitments, and you perform your duties exceedingly well.
- You are aware of the client’s needs at all times and are well-versed in what both your team and B3 Group can offer them as a whole.
- You have the ability to work with diverse, integrated, deliverable-driven teams to accomplish the larger mission.
Our reputation is built upon the talents and integrity of our employees. We value the contributions of each and every person who is a member of our organization. We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Annual Leave/Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Leave
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan with contribution match
- Continuing education assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Referral Program
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Short (STD) and Long-Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Performance Bonuses
About B3 Group, Inc.
B3 Group, Inc. is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) health IT firm providing end-to-end technology support services to the federal government and enterprise customers. Our values-driven team of business, IT and management professionals blend innovation and client-first thinking to deliver sustainable solutions for better healthcare outcomes.
Established in 2008 and headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, B3 Group is founded on the principles of servant leadership. Those principles are reflected in every aspect of our operations.
B3 Group, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices on the basis of race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected by law.
For more detail information, please refer official source from B3 Group Inc on following link below :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.