Laborer Job Goodwill Industries Of Delaware amp D Doverby admin on more than 30 days
Goodwill Industries Of Delaware & D Job Vacancies 2020Description :
1. Follow safety policies and procedures ensuring maximum safety, security, and protection of all customers and company assets.
2. Responsible to fulfill and assist with all production and donation functions.
3. Ability to sort textile from hard goods and miscellaneous items, distinguish between quality merchandise and recyclable commodities and trash, maintain continuous flow of materials to achieve production goals, price merchandise according to company guidelines, and stock merchandise by classification on the sales floor.
4. Perform housekeeping functions that ensure that workstation, production and/or donation area, and sales floor are kept neat, clean, and organized.
5. Ensure maximum customer satisfaction. Work cooperatively with all consumers, community groups, co-workers, and subordinates to promote the achievement of the company mission.
6. Assist with loading and unloading trucks, using proper techniques and equipment to prevent any damage when handling the merchandise.
7. Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
8. Attend meetings, training sessions and committee\team activities as required.
High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred, along with a minimum of 1-3 months related experience and/or training.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. To ensure safe working conditions, personal protection equipment (PPE) required for this position includes: hand protection; eye protection when handling material; any other PPE that can reduce the possibility of injury.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
FINGER DEXTERITY: The ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands and wrists.
TALKING: Talking to others to convey information effectively and to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILIITES: The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color, vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk of hear. The employee is regularly required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Supervisors may assign additional functions and requirements as deemed appropriate.
Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. and Delaware County, maintains its status as an at-will employer.
Should you are interested and qualified, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.