Patient Accounts Supervisor-PFS Accounts-Full Time Job Lafayette General Healthby admin on more than 30 days
Lafayette General Health Recruitment 2020 - Lafayette General Health present a chance to fill Patient Accounts Supervisor-PFS Patient Accounts-Full Time that will be placed in Lafayette.
Lafayette General Health Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Location: 900 BUILDING
Employment Status: FT
The Patient Accounts Supervisor is responsible for a fully integrated billing and collection process, ensuring the
timely and accurate submission of claims and the timely and accurate collection of third party and private pay
accounts. The Patient Accounts Supervisor coordinates the functions of the department with management of
Access, Medical Records and Information Systems to ensure a smooth billing and payment cycle. The Patient
Accounts Supervisor is also responsible for referrals of accounts to attorney and collection agency, cash
applications within the department and data integrity and all payer contract requirements and education of staff.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicates changes in procedures and other appropriate communication to staff and provides
feedback from staff to Director. Acts as liaison between Director and staff.
2. Develop and ensure a systematic and fully integrated billing and collection process. This requires
ongoing procedures for securing and analyzing information concerning third party coverage and the
patient’s ability to meet hospital expenses.
3. Provides leadership for staff while allowing for growth and development of staff.
4. Ensure appropriate follow up procedure with third party payers and patients to achieve collection of
5. Establish and implement controls to ensure appropriate billing cycles.
6. Ensure adequate controls for collection of proper contractual payments.
7. Evaluate patient coverage and determine whether benefits are being exhausted.
8. Maintain full documentation of billing and collection steps taken, communication and schedules for
collection and follow-up.
9. Keep informed of all reimbursement procedures of third parties and collection laws.
10. Sets specific standards and objectives for intra departmental processes collaboratively with Director and
other management staff.
11. Provides orientation, training, and information concerning continuing education for staff, and
participates in the formal teaching program/in-service education as required. Is instrumental in assuring
staff training and competency in all disciplines.
12. Delegates responsibilities within the scope of personnel abilities.
13. Makes daily work assignments, and responds quickly and appropriately to flex schedules to cover
unexpected, unplanned staff deficiencies.
14. Works collaboratively with the department Director, assists with department budgets, and assists with
monitoring and reporting compliance.
15. Determine accounts to be referred to attorney or collection agency.
16. Ensure adequate controls are in place for effective cash balancing and petty cash is adequately
17. Maintain an up to date policy and procedure manual so that staff are properly guided.
18. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
19. Recruitment and evaluations of personnel and education and training of staff.
20. Maintain quality assurance standards and accurate measures.
21. Keep the Director of Patient Financial Services informed of the status of the Patient Accounts Operation.
22. Assist the Director in management of the department.
23. Performs other supervising duties as needed and assigned.
24. Maintains up to date billing edits for third party payer requirements.
25. Responsible for electronic funds transfer for third party payers and being proactive in setting these up,
maintaining EOB details.
26. Meet A/R targets established.
27. Keep abreast of software issues affecting A/R efficiency.
28. Stays alert to new payer billing requirements and building these edits in our electronic billing system to
insure clean claims.
29. Monitors claims returned to Provider regularly putting new controls in place to prevent return of future
30. Looks for Payer payment pattern issues, addresses and brings to Director’s attention.
31. Monitors A/R reports weekly and reviews staff productivity to insure quick payment turn around.
32. Works with staff on problem accounts detected early in payment cycle.
33. Meets with staff regularly and continues taking action to keep staff motivated individually.
34. Works to meet established goals set for department.
1. Minimum High School graduate required.
2. Minimum 2 years advanced education with courses in business management, accounting, English.
3. Minimum 3 years’ experience in office management, preferably in a hospital or similar institution.
4. Additional experience may be substituted for education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Medium Work as defined by the U.S. Department of Labor constitutes a maximum lift of 21-50 pounds on
occasion and/or a maximum lift of 11-25 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be required to assist in the turning, lifting, or moving patients as well as walking about from patients’
rooms, as well as to and from various hospital areas
If you match the profile and are interested in this exiting career opportunity, please apply in confidence by filling online application form at :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.