Wheelchair Van Driver (Beaumont) Job Allegiance Mobile Health Beaumontby admin on more than 30 days
Allegiance Mobile Health Job Vacancies 2020Description :
Position Title: Wheelchair Van Driver
Reports To: WCV Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for responding to requests for transport of ambulatory and non-ambulatory patients and customers, drives wheelchair transport vans and other vehicles in all road conditions including clement weather, dense traffic and rural off-road settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES: (Responsibilities include, but not limited to)
- Reads map books and follows written and verbal directions in order to respond in an efficient and safe manner.
- Follows all company, local and state driving laws, policies and procedures. Uses a variety of communication equipment and appropriately communicates verbally to dispatchers, EMS crews, first responders and other organizations according to company policies and procedures.
- Maintains vehicles and equipment in a constant state of readiness and cleanliness.
- Completes daily vehicle and supply checklists and assists with vehicle re-supply, vehicle and equipment decontamination and general readiness-related tasks.
- Immediately reports, in writing, any discrepancies with vehicles, supplies or equipment and their state of readiness.
- Demonstrates physical competencies sufficient to lift, carry, transport and extricate patients in all settings, in some cases without assistance.
- Interacts with multiple outside agencies such as Police Departments, Fire Departments and First Responder Organizations.
- Provides satisfactory customer service and projects professionalism in all contacts.
- Accurately and effectively assesses patients for appropriateness of transport by wheelchair van and correctly redirects patients to other modes of transport when appropriate.
- Successfully and accurately completes patient care reports, billing information and all other associated documentation in a timely manner.
- Works under physically and psychologically taxing conditions to include inclement weather, temperature extremes, hazardous environments, loud noises and high-stress situations. High potential for exposure to blood-borne pathogens, dangerous chemicals, sharp objects and fall/trip hazards.
- Performs other duties as assigned to include general housekeeping chores and special projects.
- Must successfully pass departmental skills evaluation and fully complete NEOP process before staffing a truck.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the position.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- High school graduate or GED.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Communicates effectively.
- Read, write and interpret instructions in the English language.
- Maintain valid driver's license and insurable.
- Lift, carry, balance and push up to 125 pounds (250 pounds with assistance).
- Demonstrate flexibility and physical coordination by bending from the waist and touching toes, squat with legs parallel to the ground and kneeling with both knees firmly on the ground.
- Climb 20 sets of stairs without rest within 60 seconds.
- Have correctable vision adequate to read street signs, see in low light and read small print.
- Use good judgment and remain calm in high-stress situations.
- Maintain a positive attitude in the face of adversity.
- Have good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Function under situations of extreme fatigue due to little rest, extreme temperatures and inclement weather conditions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Allegiance is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Allegiance Mobile Health website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.