Solar Design amp Engineering Director Job Precision Renewables Yorkby admin on more than 30 days
Precision Solar Renewables Job Vacancies 2020Description :
The Solar Design & Engineering Manager/Director is responsible for the design of commercial and utility-scale solar systems. We are looking for an individual who can manage the day to day tasks as well as support the expansion of the group's capabilities as the company grows. Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring that the system designs meet our needs in the most cost-effective the way through a thorough understanding of equipment available on the market and a deep understanding of system design principles. Engineering Manager will help set design and Engineering standards and will work with a team of engineers taking solar project designs from preliminary analysis through full construction drawings as well as supporting permitting. This position calls for the ability to coach and mentor team members, to communicate superbly, and the ability to streamline the design process to ensure engineering resources are optimized while delivering high-quality system designs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct or oversee site surveys to qualify multiple sites for suitability for PV System deployment.
- Evaluate site conditions to identify electrical/PV system design and interconnection options.
- Responsible for all aspects of commercial and utility-scale PV system Engineering, including equipment selection, site design, and detailed electrical specifications.
- Review detailed bills of materials and coordinate the ordering of critical components.
- Assist Operations team with field-specific issues
- Review and provide feedback on preliminary system designs and production estimates.
- Guide the development of complex designs including tracker systems, energy storage, and other advanced solutions.
- Manage 3rd party engineering firms as they complete permit and construction drawings. Review drawing sets for quality and conformance to Company standards
- Coordinate with utility companies to solve interconnection problems
- Maintain knowledge of data monitoring systems including setup of new sites and basic troubleshooting
- Support the development and maintenance of the Solar Engineering standards and design processes, and train design staff on implementation.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure adequate and current technical training on detailed engineering requirements is maintained
- Manage 2 direct reports with the ability to grow the team.
- BS Degree in Engineering
- 6+ years related work experience with Commercial and Industrial PV projects
- Excellent technical writing skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively on a team
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, and able to work independently
- Able to manage concurrent schedules, and competing priorities
- Knowledge of Electrical Code, PV-related sections.
- MUST HAVE: AutoCAD and PVSyst knowledge base
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- PVSyst (or similar): 2 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 3 years (Required)
- Solar Design: 3 years (Required)
- One location
Should you meet the qualifications required, please register and apply to Precision Solar Renewables website with link as follow :
Please note that we do not accept any CV submissions. If You want to apply for a job that you have discovered on karomall.com, simply click on the provided job application link and follow the instructions afterwards. You'll be taken to a more detailed page.